Wealth of white U.S. families is 13 times greater than median black families, 10 times Latino families

#1 Race doesn’t matter to me!

That depends. Physically, I’m mostly attracted to people of my race. But in other situations, it doesn’t really come up much.

#2 Racism used to be…

I’ve only been in the US for 20 years, so I can’t really tell you how it used to be.

Why am I not surprised?

So do you think that however bad it used to be, racism is pretty much gone now?

Why am I not surprised?

Because you know how absolutely normal that is?

So do you think that however bad it used to be, racism is pretty much gone now?

I think 50 years ago it was worse than today and I believe that 50 years from now it will be better than today. The trend seems to be in the right direction, especially when you look back 500 years.

I take it you are a victim in some way (or maybe of many ways) of racism and I’m sorry that’s happened to you.

FTFY

As for your racial gradualism, all I can say is, that’s mighty white of you (even if you’re not white).

1 Like

You are hilarious.

Would you also argue that since I’m not as attracted to men as women, I’m homophobic?

I’m not sure what the problem is with noticing that gradually, things are changing. It doesn’t mean that I’m happy with the pace of change, but there is change. In just about any measure, today is the best time in history to be alive. I’m doing what I can to keep the trend moving in the right direction.

I think the difference between you and I is that I’m a glass half full person and you see the empty half.

No, but then, I don’t spend a lot of time comparing apples to oranges either.

If you think it’s “natural” or a good thing, given what an artificial and divisive concept “race” is, to be more attracted to members of your race, then you also can’t see how racist that kind of feeling and thinking is. Yeah, it actually is somewhat “normal,” unfortunately, but then, so are many other forms of racism.

Did you read the post I linked for you? If that doesn’t explain for you what’s wrong with that kind of racial gradualism, I can’t say any more that would help you see.

4 Likes