Weed growers versus the environment

Except for the electricity usage, that is. 1% of the entire grid is devoted to it!

Greenhouses donā€™t use electricity. Youā€™re thinking of indoor grows.

The article seems to state that even if pot was legal in California, there just isnā€™t enough water in the Emerald Triangle to support it. Seems like once itā€™s legalized, itā€™ll likely move to the Central Valley like every other crop. I suppose that sucks if youā€™re a grower in Humboldt, but it is a lot better not to have fertilizer strewn around the forest and bears choking on pesticides.

3 Likes

Growing is not as easy as people like to make it seem, particularly if you want GOOD, healthy, smoke-able weed. I would never be able to grow on my own. Iā€™d kill the damn things.

Itā€™s harder to grow in AZ because of the heat and the dryness. In California, itā€™s harder to grow because of the bugs. A friend of mine tried, and she has a green thumb ā€“ but still failed, because some sort of bug took over before she could get control of it. Itā€™s just not that easy.

1 Like

If it were another crop on a farm then outcomes would actually likely be good. Another profitable crop to rotate through a field is almost always a good thing.

If these statistics are accurate, your friends are atypical in this regard. SOMEONE is buying all of that weed from Mexican cartels and environmentally hazardous sources in the US.

1 Like

Greenhouses use minimal electricity. They are incredibly environmentally friendly because they areā€¦ greenhouses.

And they actually visit grow sites to verify claims?

I tend to agree with you, but I wouldnā€™t hold my breath if I were you. It seems really unlikely that the drug warriors will ever have to answer for their actions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.