Marijuana "forest" discovered in London

[Read the post]

1 Like

at least the gardeners didn’t get nailed most of the time when plots are found in public land (in the usa) it is because a car was parked illegally and the rangers stake out the vehicle waiting for the owners and then suspicion leads the police into the woods and to the garden.

1 Like

Goes to show I guess, just because you’re a criminal doesn’t mean you should go around breaking the law.

1 Like

If only people would put that much effort and skill into guerrilla food gardens. But then again, there’s not much money in that.

4 Likes

You’d have to put a lot more effort into clearing the ground, and watering and fertilising if you were growing food crops rather than weed.
And of course, the police aren’t going to bust you for growing potatoes, so you could just do it in your front garden rather than in waste ground.

2 Likes

The best gardeners of the last two generations have all grown pot, it is simply the only plant that is worth the time and effort. Even orchids don’t come close.

8 Likes

" . . . the whole lot will now be destroyed by police,”

Slowly, 0.43 grams at a time.

13 Likes

" . . . the whole lot will now be destroyed by police,”

10 Likes

That is sad. This is outdoor stuff and based on the time of year it already is, all they have to do is post a guard for a few more weeks tops and they can harvest it all for medical use.

Or they can just leave it be and let the person who grew it come back and harvest it and distribute it to all the people they originally intended to distribute it to who are “self medicating”.

Either choice results in harm reduction which should be the police’s first priority.
What’s it hurting? nothing.

Someone is not going to be able to afford university next year. Their green scholarship just went up in smoke.

6 Likes

Surely they have a duty to monetise it. Like auctioning off criminals’ property, they could export it to a more civilised country.

6 Likes

4 Likes

when I first moved to ATL, was super-broke and still had a car, I definitely did a lot of location scouting for an outdoor grow. Didn’t find a place I felt comfortable with, unfortunately. Not that I can say for sure I could’ve converted, I’d never done a successful grow, but I seriously looked into trying to find a spot along I-20 (good light all day.) Nuff respect to this grower. Shame about the bust, dude.

3 Likes

I have to agree. I grow chillies and tomatoes and I get better gardening advice from cannabis growers sites than I do from more conventional gardening sites.

6 Likes

A while back, I had a very large amount of seeds (like a couple of liters.) I did the Johnny Appleseed thing rather enthusiastically for a while. Bring back the ditchweed!

7 Likes

best of luck with your hydroponic “chillies and tomatoes” wink wink. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I thot there was a plot to destroy the lot of pot.

Not?

3 Likes

Chillies. Clever.

2 Likes

My plan is to burn it all, roughly a third of a gram at a time!

1 Like

That was a lot of pot that ought have been bought…all that effort wrought for naught.
At least they weren’t caught even though the police were hot to trot and thought to steakout their spot.

Had they been caught, their lives would be fraught with charges brought they ought not to have fought.

5 Likes

What pox have you got? Bought?

The weed that indeed would recede from the deed can be denied to the people only through greed.

Heed the creed: No matter the breed, concede the weed to those in need.

ETA - Every week. On fleek.

5 Likes