This is turning into an impromptu creative writing class

So, it’s the injecting part?

1 Like

I’m all in favor of flash-fiction. Except when it’s not interesting. And is phrased as a question? Because I can just hear your voice rising up at the end? Into a squeak? In your attempt for validation?

1 Like

By your increasingly stressful lilt of phrasing, am I correct in detecting that you might be the one in need of an injection? I can’t oblige but perhaps another mutant might?

:musical_note: Never thought that it would come to this :musical_note:

3 Likes

我的房间不大不小. 不幸的是,我的房间里乱七八糟。这个月我有鼻窦炎,所以我不打扫。我的衣服没挂着。很多空瓶在地板上放着了。我摆着它们了,可是还不好看。自从星期日,一张死蟑螂在墙贴着了。我不能假装着井然有序。帮帮我!

Well it’s time to find out, and I do believe this is the first serious submission to your shiny new thread, Mr. OMIKE.

Actually, it started with OMIKE:

Then Mr. @redesigned penned this clever piece:

And I joined in:

Submitted for your approval.

(For those keeping track…)
DrinkBool_1
DrinkInt_>7

2 Likes

Feedback: Your prose is like your room. Could be tidier. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

It reads better in Google Translate…

2 Likes

As I sat in the old wingback drinking my morning beer spiked with truBrain, I mentally sorted the tasks for the day.

“Paint the hedgerow. Dust the dog. Finish those nude Finnish etchings…”

As I tallied strategies and steps, I spied from my left eye something that momentarily caught me off guard. The enormous ass of an elephant.

“I am that ass”, I mumbled as I rose to collect the daily flowers.

5 Likes

That reminds me of Arthur Dent walking around his house in the morning all bleary and having random thoughts of “yellow.”

1 Like

“Drink up,” said Ford, “you’ve got three pints to get through.”
“Three pints?” said Arthur. “At lunchtime?”
The man next to ford grinned and nodded happily. Ford ignored him. He said, “Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.”
“Very deep,” said Arthur, “you should send that in to the Reader’s Digest. They’ve got a page for people like you.”

3 Likes

“What if I told you I’m not from Guildford after all?”

“Why, is that something you’re likely to say?”

Cite: Adams, Douglas - Same for Japh’s above.

1 Like

I see what you did there.

A good author should cite his quotes.

“These ones are typographers’ quotes,”

«These are French guillemets,»

And Jim quoted me $3995 for a new website.

¡Olé!

Sent from my iPhone

2 Likes

If that quote isn’t instantly recognizable I will seriously buy you a copy of the book from amazon this afternoon. I am not exaggerating.

No, really.

2 Likes

Doesn’t “more verbose” mean “less concise?” Have you been drinking?

I had, yes, and while they’re very similar I don’t think they’re exactly the same.

1 Like

Thanks for the offer, but I’m a hoopy frood who really knows where his towel is.

3 Likes

Thank Zarquon, just had to be sure.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 512 days. New replies are no longer allowed.