Weird Al announces new pinball machine

Weird al has had top 40 hits in 4 decades. His genre is a bit niche but he himself has broad appeal.

2 Likes

But he’s WEIRD AL… do people really not like him? That really confuses me…

1 Like

“I loved pinball in 1974!” Great! It’s a very different experience now than it was back then. The machines tells stories and have missions and quests like video games. These are not your fathers’ bells and bumpers.

Maybe not 1974, but the video makes it clear that it isn’t that much different from 1990s pinball games like The Addams Family and The Twilight Zone, which I would imagine more people would be more familiar with – they had sound bites, missions, and various gadgets on the playfield just like this.

It’s certainly more like a DMD than a solid state or EM, but Multimoprhic is definitely next-gen tech. I’ve only gotten to play one game on the platform at an expo, and it’s wild.

1 Like

Some people don’t appreciate nice things

(Said as a person that really likes Weird Al as an amazing example of a human, an amazing musician and comedian, and national treasure, but did also have to work in a warehouse for a while where that is all the guy with control of the music ever played)

2 Likes

I misread the “Al” in the headline as “AI” (that’s A.I. = artificial intelligence).

3 Likes

3 Likes

I bought all the Pinball Arcade licenses back in the day so I still have access to this beauty… but in the long term I think Visual Pinball is gonna win because the community as a whole outpaces any one company. All these tables will be preserved forever, digitally…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.