What happens if you leave a pile of bananas in the woods?

Originally published at: What happens if you leave a pile of bananas in the woods? | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I’m kind of surprised the bananas weren’t mobbed by rabbits. Rabbits are crazy about bananas.

6 Likes

That’s not a huge pile.
Just look at it.

18 Likes

could have removed the stickers, not like it would have taken much time really.

7 Likes

I didn’t watch the video.
Do they go feral and fight each other like some “Lord of the Flies” shit?
If not, count me out.

6 Likes

In the larger scheme of things, this isn’t THAT impactful, but the crunchy hippie in me is saying “Cool, you just dumped a bunch of garbage in the woods to see what the animals would do. Touch grass and go listen to some birds or something, you fuckwit.”

I just feel it’s a little kinda-sorta gross in an exploitative “putting things where they don’t belong and see what happens” mentality, like all those videos where people are giving cheesecake to Maori hunters and recording their reactions for the YouTube lolz.

11 Likes

Usually when I see this kind of video it’s to highlight just how long it can take for organic matter to decompose in the woods, as a way to encourage hikers to pack out their trash, including peels, etc.

7 Likes

Yeah, that’s kind of what I was afraid of. We don’t need more people believing that it’s a good idea to just dump shit in the woods and see what happens for entertainment.

3 Likes

The FBI has a whole section given over to this study. :+1:

6 Likes

14 Likes

Feral bananas?

Now, that’s something I’d look at!

9 Likes

FFS don’t feed wildlife, people.

They become nuisances and then have to be destroyed.

DON’T FEED WILDLIFE, even for the clicks or whatever the fuck this is.

7 Likes

Racoons also really like avocados, based on what they’ve yoinked from me. And grapes. But not potatoes.

2 Likes

Unless one is a cannibal, the video shows the long-awaited foodie version of The Body Farm in Tennessee.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.