What has Trump lied about today, chart edition, Sept 21

Man, chart Nazis hit fast and hit hard.

1 Like

When I do it, it’s the equivalent of God dancing. There are hosts of angels rejoicing. Not figurative angels. Literal, actual Angels.

1 Like

I think he heard the old joke about “how do you tell when a politician is lying… because their mouth is moving”, and thought it was a literal goal he had to hit.

4 Likes

The advantage of Lies Per Hour is that even if you average it over a long period - i.e. he gives a short statement but is otherwise publicly silent for a couple days - it still gives you a number >1. It’s as if he lies even when he doesn’t speak, even when he’s asleep. If you measure it just within the duration of his actual speeches, on the other hand, it gives you wonderfully, absurdly huge numbers.

It’s yet another way in which something that in normal circumstances would be a joke, satire, hyperbole, slander or an exaggeration intended to disparage - with him, it’s actually, literally true. You genuinely can tell he’s lying because his lips are moving - given the percentage of untruths in his speech, you’re statistically guaranteed that when he speaks, a lie will be involved.

4 Likes

Whatever he says is a lie, or it has no substance at all period. Like when he says “I know people - believe me - and they are saying what I’m saying right now” – that’s just noise. So it’s either that kinda blabbering, or he’s lying.

2 Likes

Yup. He’s at all times either lying, or lying about how he’s credible.

2 Likes

This is not the end of the world, and might end up being a GOOD thing but … I just figured out I’m going to be on a damn plane during the debate Monday - starts when I in the air and ends before I land. It’s gonna be quite a show, in my opinion, and I wanted to watch it in real time.

Your plane might have Wifi…

Yeah I won’t know till Sunday probably. It’s Southwest. It’s my only direct option other than United, and United acts like this route is essentially optional. So I’m a Southwest guy now.

1 Like

Something needs to be done to get across the accurate message that almost nothing Trump says is ever true (seriously: Politifact said that of his his statements that contain sufficient meaning to examine, 80% are mostly or wholly untrue and only 10% are wholly true; the numbers are nearly reversed for Clinton).

But: this isn’t it. Not only is it NOT a chart, with its inexplicable shapes and random connections, it isn’t even consistently written: most of the shapes contain corrections to Trump’s lies, but at least one is actually Trump’s lie itself, rather than the correction. It’s just badly done.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.