What is the mysterious creature banging on this family's door every night? (video)

Originally published at: What is the mysterious creature banging on this family's door every night? (video) | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Alfredo Diaz Monster GIF by Achievement Hunter

8 Likes

Actually, from the quick glimpse I got, it looked like a flying squirrel.
not

13 Likes

Maybe place a net over the area and catch this thing?

Or keep spraying pesticides all over your porch and enjoy the carcinogens to come.

8 Likes

Methinks she doth protest too much.

A high-school friend of mine’s “back porch problem” in Kansas used to be wandering cows.

12 Likes

Looking at that porch it looks like a net would be incredibly easy, and a whole lot cheaper than fully enclosing.

7 Likes

Definitely looks like a moth. You can see when it hits the window it actually “dusts” the glass with some of it’s powdery scales.

moth GIF

13 Likes

Maybe it’s a bat that’s hard of hearing :wink:

7 Likes

They can’t really turn on a dime though and do a 180 degree turn, like it seems this thing did. I get them at the cottage (and damn, they are cute, but no so much in the bedroom walls, but I digress). They glide, they don’t flap, and although they can change direction, not as much as this thing.

9 Likes

If it’s something like a luna moth, they only live about a week, so by the time they get the contractor out, it’ll likely be dead.

6 Likes

It’s a fucking Luna moth turn off your fucking porch lights you fucking idiots Jesus fuck

19 Likes

They say they did

5 Likes

Ok then. I skipped the local news heads and also muted the video so I didn’t catch that. Fuck.

5 Likes

Theory was it’s the light on the camera, but that’s pretty small.

5 Likes

I’m just mad at myself for getting clickbaited

9 Likes

It’s kind of remarkable how, after all these years of DDT, Roundup and their ilk, people still think that these poisons are so specially formulated to affect only the target population.

10 Likes

I used to live in Oklahoma City. The male anchor in that piece is Kevin Ogle. The Ogle family is an institution in television journalism in OKC. The reporter in the piece is his daughter. I think at one time, only one major Oklahoma City news outlet was without an Ogle.

9 Likes

It would be a lot cheaper, and probably more interesting, if she just propped open the door and invited the visitor in.

7 Likes

Even though her wings were battered and her body was bruised and bleeding, as she had for so many nights, the Fairy Queen hurled herself again and again against the impenetrable enchanted walls of the fortress of the evil witch, Carol Dillin…

15 Likes

Samantha Jones Wow GIF by Max

That’s one too many!

6 Likes