What is the slowest music humanly possible?

Every time the ASLSP note changes I think I should be there for the next one, and then forget. But the next one is the day after my birthday! So now I know what I’m doing in 2020.

1 Like

8186f0285490b705839deb0127298045--classical-music-musicians

3 Likes

I’m fascinated with the ability of a musical performer to play with the expectation of time, as with rubato, or playing slightly on top of or in back of the beat, Feels like being able to manipulate time itself, even if deep down I know it’s just using tricks to create an illusion.

1 Like

4’33" is my morning alarm tone. True story:

4 Likes

wha? no mention at all of longplayer? https://longplayer.org/ it’s being played now and is a thousand years long.

I immediately flashed back to my Uni room mate bringing home a SUNN 0))) disk and sitting enraptured for days. I think some of the tracks were close to one beat per side.

1 Like

Ford was humming something. It was just one note repeated at intervals. He was hoping that somebody would ask him what he was humming, but nobody did. If anybody had asked him he would have said he was humming the first line of a Noel Coward song called “Mad About the Boy” over and over again. It would then have been pointed out to him that he was only singing one note, to which he would replied that for reasons he hoped would be apparent, he was omitting the “about the boy” bit. He was annoyed that nobody asked.
DNA

That’s positively shredding, tearing it up, riffing madly for ambient drone music! The Fifth Dreaming by Aairria is nearly 17 hours long. His next two are 11 and 7 hours, so he’s getting shorter. Great stuff to code to…

I think that can be pictured akin to rolling the perceptual window forward and back, not necessarily as a a long present. The moment of realization being based on “thinking back”, but really just a moment itself.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.