What is your favourite drug?

all of them.

1 Like

Huey Lewis and the News ā€œNeed a new drugā€ flashed through my brain reading this topic header.

1 Like

You mean ā€˜of allā€™, or ā€˜regular useā€™?

1 Like

I went to this gem:

Iā€™m going to have to say ā€˜one of everythingā€™.

I mean, my mindā€™s only so big, and while meditation and various other non-chemical state altering things can be useful, when working on something complicated I tended to make it a habit to push my limits about (safely, of course, but the legal drugs like alcohol (and Fox News) are kind of the worst of the bunch in most cases)). Iā€™ll often look at a problem, alter my state, and look at it again from a different angle, write things down, re-read, and so on. Itā€™s like being a one-person project team some times, except without the communication issues.

So . . . Adderall was useful for some things, better for structure, helps with memorization, but hurt lateral thinking and creativity some, Phenibut is an AMAZING anti-anxiety nootropic and has itā€™s own minor suite of effects, cannabis definitely has itā€™s uses, as do the ā€˜tams (though really they all feel just like Piracetam to varying degrees), I havenā€™t dabbled in shrooms in a while and Iā€™d give a lot for a couple more goes with LSD (which was freaking USEFUL! . . but itsā€™ sadly been almost a decade). There are plenty of natural things with useful effects too.

No real use for the depressants though, I donā€™t get much useful out of them that I canā€™t duplicate with a small amount of alcohol, and really the odds of me solving a problem with them have been pretty slim. Still, have had an occasional gem and a combination of a drunk friend and a mildly buzzed self mishearing him gave us our proxy-authority system for the coopernation, so I canā€™t write it off completely.

I mean, our brains are the only things we are supposed to completely own, right? Why not hack the heck out of them?

8 Likes

Well, for now Iā€™d have to say Advair, Zyrtec, Prilosec, and caffeine are my favorites. I couldnā€™t get along without them. Life in general sucks when youā€™re asthmatic, allergic, chronic acid stomach, and need a jump start to speed up the shuffling gait.

Otherwise, itā€™s B&B in the winter, brown tequila margaritas in the summer, with a sprinkling of marijuana thrown in if I could only find some.

edit: I was on Prednisone for a bit to try and tame some nasal polyps, and that stuff was awesome. It shrank the polyps, cleared up the asthma and my mind felt like I was seeing everything with perfect clarity. Too bad the side effects are so horrible.

5 Likes

Well then.

(NSFW I suppose)

Mirrors can be problematic with mine.

1 Like

relevant (Six Flags is a US amusement park chain)

4 Likes

I couldnā€™t do his job for long. Just hosing the vomit out of the Tilt-a-Whirl would get me down pretty soon.

1 Like

Sumatriptan Succinate (generic for Imitrex). 100mg so far and I think I need another 25.

1 Like

I tried that combo once and it was my worst trip ever. Overwhelmingly tired and yet in such unspeakable agony that I couldnā€™t pass out.

Migraines do indeed suck.

1 Like

Likes.

JK. mushrooms, hands down.

3 Likes

Ritalin. By a wide margin.

2 Likes

11 Likes

I wish I could play around with these ADHD drugs when there wasnā€™t so much at stake. Strattera is so inconsistent, and it lets me down at the worst times.

2 Likes

The NRIs routinely arenā€™t as effective for focus and distractability as dopaminergic drugs.

Problem being, dopaminergics are extremely addictive, easy to abuse, and do bad things like stunt your growth (if youā€™re a child) raise your blood pressure, clamp down on your personality, and often lead to problems with anxiety.

A few months back I tried Guanfacine, but it made me feel like I had dementia.

A few times I forgot where I was going and even who I was while driving on the freeway. Which scared the hell out of me. It also wasnā€™t helping much with distractability. I couldnā€™t stand the zonking out and suddenly being confused.

Iā€™m on Modafinil now. Basically, every therapeutic thing ritalin does, so does modafinil, except the modafinil doesnā€™t have side effects (for me), and isnā€™t addictive in the same way.

3 Likes

If migraines were a street gang, Iā€™d go to war with it with bottles and motorcycle chains, and IEDs.

5 Likes

The anxiety I get anyway, to a hilarious degree. I have low blood pressure and havenā€™t had problems with substance addiction, so that might be a better choice for me. I would be more concerned about personality, as apparently Iā€™m a lot easier to live with on Strattera - which is important, even if I didnā€™t start using it for that reason. More often than not, the side effects seem to be the opposite of the ones advertised though, and I should really try a few other options before settling on one.

I drive about twice a year - I donā€™t trust myself to commute by car, as Iā€™m lucky never to have zoned out and got into an accident yet. Driving rarely and on a trip works for me, and I make sure Iā€™m alert and have a copilot.

1 Like

Whatever the doctor gave me to get rid of that intestinal parasite, and got rid of years of painful problems, Iā€™m going to to with whatever that was. I tasted metal for the whole two weeks, and the doctor himself was a jerk, but I havenā€™t had ulcer-like symptoms since.

Anti-parasite drugs are great, and being parasite free totally fucking rocks!

7 Likes