What is your favourite drug?

As they say, what’s your poison ?

I have smoked for a long time, until I realized that I was more addicted than looking for tabacco’s effects.

2 Likes

it satellite links
our United States of Unconsciousness
Apathetic therapeutic and extremely addictive
The methadone metronome pumping out
150 channels 24 hours a day
you can flip through all of them
and still there’s nothing worth watching

Though I guess that role is filled today by the Internet. Progress!

6 Likes

a @codinghorror reply, I’m flattered :slight_smile: I was thinking about you recently, my hard drive crashed and my backups were not complete or up to date :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You saw the video
You heard the soundtrack
Well now go buy the soft drink

I approve of this message.

1 Like

@codinghorror nailed it for me. This year—my 39th—it’s been TV and internet. Internet’s been a contender for some years, but I got me a 42" flatscreen this year and I lost interest in drinking. So, i’m officially boring. Last year I would’ve said Scotch. Weed made a big showing in years past. The best-feeling high of them all was Molly, but never was my go-to, everyday DOC; too hard to find pure (or at all,) too rare to have the right set and setting, and the hangovers are too weird for me to do all the time.

4 Likes

Not nearly as much as I am. I total tees. No matter how much sugar or umbrellas get added, all alcoholic drinks taste like dragster fuel to me. I smoked one cigarette once, about two years ago, to see what effect it had… essentially to find out why anyone would do it twice. I confess myself still stumped.

Other than that, the strongest stuff I’ve tried was some codeine-ish pain reliever a dentist prescribed after I had a broken tooth pulled the day before my wedding. Tylenol so far cures all my ills, and Theraflu knocks me on my ass. But I do like sugar, sometimes with a splash of caffeine.

I’m so straight I put myself to sleep twice while typing thizzzzz…

5 Likes

I’m a fan of cheap American beer. If it’s free, it’s even better.

Beer snobs perplex me.

3 Likes

I remember. You went a little nuts in the Halloween candy thread last year :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Heh. And the year before.

3 Likes

Codeine. Because crippling migraines suck.

2 Likes

Am I the only person who immediately went to…

Love Is the Drug

God, I’m old.

3 Likes

This thread is now about drug references in music. GO!

3 Likes

This drug I know I need to break, chocolate lovers out there rejoice! I have an ridiculous sweet tooth.
http://www.wont2.com & http://www.zolmic.com

We can do that:

enter link description here

1 Like
2 Likes

Ibuprofen. I have nearly constant pain in the toes on my left foot and headaches and migraines fairly regularly. I’m immune to every other OTC pain reliever I’ve tried except maybe aspirin. I haven’t tested aspirin hard enough to know for sure. I really should go to a doctor at some point. I’m worried that they won’t be able to do anything but prescribe me narcotics. Which, for the record, I’m not opposed to. I’m aware that my anxieties aren’t rational. :frowning:

Beyond that, I enjoy nicotine. Ecigs and the occasional cigarillos. Had to stop caffeine as it was hurting me. I’m less internet addicted than addicted to anything which can hold my entire interest for blocks of time.

Tried cannabis once. Worked frighteningly well for the toe pain and head pain but I like being employed. While it was nice having three days free from pain, I can’t imagine wanting to be completely zoned out for however many hours … every day. So if I was using it, I’d have to be using a lot less. Making cannabis not actually a favorite drug, I guess? Eh, it was a ramble of a post anyway.

4 Likes

I read a promotional interview for Franti’s new record recently. It was kind of surreal; a complete recounting of his career, yet absolutely no reference to Disposable Heroes. The weirdness was compounded by the fact that this new record is supposedly a lot more electronic in vibe, so you’d think that at least an oblique mention of his previous sample-based work would be in order.

(I can’t stand the happy hippy Spearhead stuff, but DHH was really interesting.)

1 Like

This makes me sad.

3 Likes

Yeah, perils of living in the USA and wanting the money associated with formal employment. :frowning:

3 Likes

Aspirin (well, NSAIDs generally). I can’t call it a favorite, but SSRI/SNRI antidepressents are pretty impressive when you look at the alternative.

Oh, did you mean recreational drugs? In that case music, books, puzzles, the satisfaction of creating something, friends… not in that order.

4 Likes