What makes 'true fun' and how to spot 'fake fun'

Originally published at: What makes 'true fun' and how to spot 'fake fun' | Boing Boing

11 Likes

BTW I have a lot of back pain, my stomach can’t even handle caffeine and I have musical anhedonia.

11 Likes

I tried to have fun once. It was awful.

24 Likes

It is difficult when you have a brain the size of a planet.

16 Likes
8 Likes

Btw, TED talks is mostly fake smart.

10 Likes

13 Likes

There is no such thing as True Fun or Fake Fun. My friend The Computer is quite clear there is only Hot Fun and Cold Fun.

Paranoia-clippy

14 Likes

Corporate HR departments have helped develop a whole industry around fake fun and also made participation mandatory.

19 Likes

Where does “BoingBoing BBS comments” fall in the fake/real fun taxonomy?

Well I genuinely enjoy many of the interesting and enlightening conversations I get to have here with a great group of folks, so that’s real fun. :woman_shrugging:

11 Likes

What if I binge watch the show for four hours and then feel perfectly fine with that? Some days are for resting after all.

4 Likes

Yes, as I refer to as the Morale Suppression Initiative, very popular in some workspaces

1 Like

1 Like

7 Likes

I call that “mandatory fun”.

3 Likes

Fake in the sense of Ersatz or in the sense of I thought it was funny when I read it first but later I realised it wasn’t?

2 Likes
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.