What part of the Hero's journey is Don Junior on?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/27/what-part-of-the-heroes-journey-is-don-junior-on.html

9 Likes

i need to know if the guy had tears in his eyes.

17 Likes

Junior tonight: “Now more than ever, the amount of African-American men that have come up to me and are literally like, ‘Hey man, you’re my hero!’“

What is that number, Jr; is it non-zero? I bet it isn’t.

15 Likes

Junior? Threshold Guardian, at best.

12 Likes

I get major Kendall Roy vibes.

3 Likes

Negative. I’m sure a nonzero number have told him the opposite.

12 Likes

He’s in the “I’m middle-aged but still every bit as spoilt, useless, and mindlessly destructive as I was as a 13 year old” phase.

sniff sniff

14 Likes

It was one guy, and to be fair the guy mistook Don Junior for someone else, but…

(This is the only scenario where what he said is both true and possible.)

5 Likes

Maybe he’s a more advanced mathematician than we all realized…

6 Likes

Where is he on the journey? I’d like to imagine he’s stuck on the beltway around FAFO City and all the exits point to downtown.

5 Likes

Dude needs to stop doing cocaine in front of cameras.

4 Likes

Yeah, I was going to go with the “Tony Montana in the last 10 minutes of Scarface” part of the journey.

Al Pacino Snow GIF by MOODMAN

7 Likes

That’ll work.

6 Likes

+1 million upvotes for Glove and Boots. Gorilla’s Christmas album is all that.

I bet his black fans go to another school, in Canada.

4 Likes

“…African American men have come up to me and and are literally like, ‘Sir! Sir! Hey, man, you’re my hero!’ They had tears in their eyes. They really did.”

3 Likes

It is nice that he doesn’t over-egg his story. He’s obviously learned rhetorical restraint from his dad.

3 Likes

What does Hogwarts use to send rejection letters?

2 Likes

I am looking forward to Don Jr. changing his last name in order not to be associated with a loser. (Daddy expects loyalty, but has not yet earned it.)

3 Likes

And the man’s name? Black Albert Einstein.

Pet peeve: when people say “amount” when they should say “number”.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.