What question would you ask to unmask a Foreign Spy?

I wonder if stuff like this happens between FOOM and the Mouse Club?

Pizza Pizza sucks, and that only worked for people in 416 Toronto, not the whole GTA.

1 Like

That’s easy.

I would just ask them how they read 台詞 and 老舗.

1 Like

I would casually tell them that my bidet is out of order, then ask if they could name a few reliable brands that I should be looking at. If they leap onto the subject like a Rottweiler on a Sunday roast, then they’re a dirty rotten foreign spy, and off to the hoosegow they must go.

3 Likes

Before they go to the hoosegow, write down some of those suggestions for me. I’m bidet curious.

4 Likes

I’d have them write the suggestions down for me. If umlauts or other diacritical marks pop up, then I’d know for certain that I have my spy. Umlauts and bidet use are red flags.

3 Likes

tumblr_nrgq5gxsfl1tlb56zo1_500-2333531530

4 Likes

… if they pronounce Kentucky like it’s two words, and Los Angeles like it rhymes with “cheese,” then they definitely learned English somewhere else :thinking:

2 Likes

No. J’Accuse! And if you answered “one one” you’re a sleeper agent.

:notes: Nine six seven, eleven eleven
Phone… :notes:

1 Like

Gotcha! It’s BEechwood 4-5789 (you can meet me at the dead drop any old time).

2 Likes

Ask them to pronounce “shibbóleth”.

2 Likes

Or even to spell it. (/pedantry)

You win one point. Try not to spend all your points in one place.

Either that, or 1991 was the first year your parents allowed you to stay up and watch it.

Of course the real trick is just to treat everyone equally unwelcome.

2 Likes

But if I only have one…

ive always heard asking someone to count to five on their fingers is the way to go…

although i have to say, someone wearing a mask on day other than halloween is, itself, often a sign something nefarious is afoot.

Dog Head Turn GIF

Proud Of You Yes GIF

2 Likes

oh, good point. then i’d have to ask, please can you put on this n95 instead? at that point, they might be a spy but at least they aren’t a covid denier

really, this is more what i had in mind :

stephen colbert eyes GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

^ does that man look trustworthy? i think not :wink:

2 Likes

the princess bride GIF

2 Likes