'Utterly ridiculous': GCHQ shreds Spicer's claim that UK spy agency wiretapped Trump

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/03/16/utterly-ridiculous.html

1 Like

13 Likes

Ummm… sorry, but it’s GCHQ (which I believe you got correct two out of the five times it’s in the article)

1 Like

Oh, you! This is just Spicer being funny!
Right?

2 Likes

GQHQ is where GQ magazine is published, right?

15 Likes

If blaming UK doesn’t fly, he could try China, Mexico, Israel … .

4 Likes

I really hope they are spying on him now.

3 Likes

The British intelligence aneurysm rate would skyrocket.

2 Likes

But I thought that the apricot arsehole’s security was so great, so yuuuge, that nobody could get through, certainly not furriners.

Of course, the fact that we’ve been inside US ‘intelligence’ for … well, forever… doesn’t need discussing.

4 Likes

I don’t see the problem with the GCHQ spying on Trump. The usual US defense is “Hey, that’s what spy agencies do. Everyone does it.”.

12 Likes

Of course the British would deny spying on Trump on Obama’s behalf! They were doing it in secret, what do you expect them to say?!? Sad!!!

4 Likes

First, WTF?

Second, WHAT THE EFFING EFF?

What happened to the No Comment policy?
What happened to overly specific denial?
What happened to diplomatic language?

Did they seriously respond like this?

And why is the spokesperson of a president even citing allegations coming from a TV interview by a quite random person, lending them credibility?

And while I am at it, what happens in real politics?

This is a message brought to you as a service that nothing of this is normal, ok, civil, fine, sensible, or acceptable.

19 Likes

So isn’t there​ some sort of investigation into Russian interference in the election, so you guys can have a do-over and kick this bunch of revolting frauds to the kerb?

How’s that coming along, BTW?

4 Likes

Obama’s administration spied on Merkel. If GCHQ weren’t monitoring Trump they were negligent as he is definitely a threat to British interests. Though the US and the UK are technically allies they are far from being friends, and the moment it suits the US to dump on the UK, dumped on it will be.

7 Likes

Yes, and GCHQ is where most of GQ’s readers in the UK are probably based.

3 Likes

So my takeaway from this is that the sheer surreality of the US government using FOX News as a source of intelligence is no longer even worth noting. That’s just a thing the White House does now.

9 Likes

Um…the dog. It was the dog. Aliens, I swear! Er…the neighbor’s illegal maid. Hillary! Lyin’ Ted! Sad little Marco! OBAMAOBAMAOBAMAOBAMA!

The ravings of a child caught in the act of lying, cheating, stealing.

6 Likes

My theory: Trump suffers from Congenital Anti-Peristaltic Syndrome.

9 Likes

We’re at the “I heard some drunk guy sitting at my favorite dive bar say this” level now.

11 Likes

What happened is that the Orange in chief bungled the world leadership.

As I read earlier today (dunno where), the leader of the free world (AKA Merkel) will meet Trump today.

3 Likes