Whatcha Listening To?

Sweet Honey in the Rock

and Flor de Toloache

3 Likes

One podcast I haven’t seen listed yet, that I really like:

Radio plays that range from multi-episode murder mysteries to single-episode pseudo sci-fi stories.

My tastes run towards a lot already mentioned, like 99% Invisible, Radiolab, and Welcome to Nightvale. This one fits in.

2 Likes

https://rustyquill.com/the-magnus-archives/

The Magnus Archives has started back up, the last third of the last season. Interesting stuff!

Posting here rather than an entire new thread. Nice walkthrough of lady Gaga’s music arrangement and comparison to previous performances.

2 Likes

One of the reactions to the inauguration I read yesterday was “I can’t believe that Mike Pence got to see Lady Gaga performing live and I haven’t.”

2 Likes

I had the exact same thought. Also Mitch. WTH.

1 Like

Go_A!!!

This year’s Eurovision awesomeness:

Last Year’s awesomeness, that sadly didn’t get to compete

and a bonus home concert with what appears to be the chillest of all cats.

5 Likes

Sadly the Rock and Roll High School thread closed yesterday. Happily, I can dump this here!

2 Likes

Seems it’s older than I realized, but I listened to this last weekend and found it pretty interesting:

6 Likes

Drunk Season 2 GIF by Paramount+

3 Likes

Listened to this radio play last night:

Interesting framing of trying to go about your regular creative life during times of turmoil, and essentially when is it irresponsible to continue doing so.

2 Likes

Joey Ramone would be so happy to see this I think.

That’s fantastic. Great drum. Bowls were good too. I watched it all the way to the end which I recommend everyone does.

Genius. It was also the Russian entry for 2010 Eurovision. Peter Nalitch is still out there making awesome music. Beautiful stuff and an amazing voice.

I just can’t post that without including this:

1 Like

Just awesome and moving and wonderful.

Just to add, this video is basically illegal in Russia:

2 Likes

Tiny Desk meets Afropunk:

Joy Oladokun:

4 Likes

Dig it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.