Whatcha Playin'? Continue?

I want to ask about this:

but don’t want to stomp all over 1000YearBan’s new topic with video game chatter.
@ghostbloke, did you just finish the Radical Dreamers edition of Chrono Cross, or did you just finish the text-based interlude between Trigger and Cross called Radical Dreamers? I didn’t know that Radical Dreamers was a thing until just now when I googled it because of your music post. And then I was trying to read this article

while also trying to not read it because I didn’t want spoilers about Chrono Cross, which I’ve yet to play. Chrono Trigger might be my favorite game of all time, but Cross came out right as I was starting a years long hiatus from video games and I never got back to playing it. Seems like it might be a good time to!

But what’s the deal with Radical Dreamers, is there an actual text-based game packaged with this edition of Chrono Cross? I’m confused!

ETA: The description in the Steam store just answered my question:
“Players can experience the story that went on to become the basis for CHRONO CROSS in an audio novel format.”

I’m curious about your overall impressions of the game, though! I’m pretty excited to check this out.

1 Like