Whatcha Playin'? Continue?

That’s awesome. I’d love to have that mask mounted on my wall. But having played that game so many times in my formative years, I kind of prefer keeping my distance.

3 Likes

Pulled the trigger on Resident Evil Village for PSVR2. I probably made a huge mistake.

3 Likes

At least the tall lady will be very tall

1 Like

TBH, that’s a tiny part of why I got it. The presence of NPCs in Call of the Mountain was impressive, and I kind of want to see how she translates to VR.

3 Likes

Apologies if this has been posted before, but stumbled upon this recently :slight_smile:

It’s a fan song for Little Nightmares that has recently had an utterly epic CG music video attached (literally better visuals than the actual game)

Not sure if to post here or the general “what are you listening to” thread, but i feel this is best.

2 Likes

Gross! It’s wonderfully captures the atmosphere of the game, and it’s a banger as well!

1 Like
6 Likes

I found out that there was a patch to Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition. Square-Enix put up the patch notes. No changes to Radical Dreamers, just Chrono Cross. When I finally get back to it, it might be nice to finally have Pip (the optional Pokemon-ish character) as the character was originally intended to perform. It looks like they even tried to make improvements for people who used the character before the patch came out.

1 Like

season 5 to love a patty GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

3 Likes

I’ve played Ikenfell and can recommend it to anyone without reservation! Sure, occasionally the dialogue is a little clumsy, but it’s (big gay) heart is in the right place!
Plus it’s super fun, and the music is great!

Get in the Car, Loser! has been on my list for a while, and I really need to do something about that!

3 Likes

Great article! I very much look forward to playing Wildermyth, it sounds incredible.

3 Likes

Oh shoot! I only saw the first half of the list, because they had shoved a related material thingy in the middle of it making me think I’d reached the end!

Wildermyth and I was a teenage EXOcolonist are both amazing. Wilderness in particular does a better job of creating stories that feel like a tabletop game than anything I have ever experienced!

Given how good the games that I have played on the list are, I think I’m going to have to try them all

2 Likes

Lovely. I get tactile illusions from VR. Felt the branch I was walking under. Only happened once so far, but of course it has to be in a horror game.

2 Likes

So, I had to double check the publisher…and yeah, it’s Sega. Have they finally made a Sonic game I care about? It’s free, so I guess I will find out!

A lovely bity from the description:

Canon or Headcanon?
You know what they say: everything is canon*.

*This is not a Sonic Team title, but we strongly believe in the power of headcanon!

2 Likes

I’m probably the only one who cares about this, but 30+ years ago Sonic was better at wearing a hat.

1 Like

Shit, Sonic’s been a fucking cop all this time!?

1 Like

If he was, he could solve his own murder. Maybe that’s the twist?

1 Like

Figures. AHAB. I’m team plumber.

1 Like

I know I just went on and on about this, but my answer to this post is still Elite Dangerous. If anyone is interested in dipping their toes into exploring the Milky Way, the base game is 75% off in Steam right now, and the Odyssey DLC is 60% off.

I’ve been getting into some of the Odyssey content lately, looking for life forms a little ways outside of the bubble of inhabited star systems around Earth/Sol. It’s fun to be the first player to set foot on a planet and get the credit for it in the planet’s description. I think this particular area of the game is probably something that No Man’s Sky does better, though. There’s not a huge variety of life forms to discover, and it’s all fungus, bacteria, or plant-like stuff. It’s very lucrative, though, and I like to get out of my spaceships and stretch my legs every once in a while.

But yeah, Elite Dangerous is still all I play right now. There’s a lot of depth to the play mechanics and events around the galaxy. Still a lot that I haven’t touched on yet. And it’s still just a lot of fun.

2 Likes

Started playing Earth Defense Force 5, a game in a series that shouldn’t appeal to me but somehow still does. I mean, it becomes more than an average third-person shooter with all the giant insects and UFOs – especially when the theremin starts playing and really makes you feel like you’re in an old B-film. And I really appreciate the balance they managed to strike in the game. Weapons can be awesome and powerful, but hard to aim and inefficient regarding ammo and reload times or require an extra button to activate. Everything is off in just the right way. The game’s ridiculous nature makes everything work.

2 Likes