Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

You had me at bawdy

7 Likes

It’s like the Doctor Who fandom version of Qanon, waiting faithfully for JFK Jr David Tennant to reappear from the clouds

5 Likes

It is fantastic - absolutely wonderful. It revels in and plays with it’s historical inaccuracy. It wanders more and more away from history but remains incredibly entertaining. The performances are all fantastic and I cannot wait for the (already confirmed) third season.

Along the same lines “Dickinson” on AppleTV is another historically inaccurate comedy with a strong woman as the protagonist (and Wiz Khalifa) that is also a delight

3 Likes

I’m now waiting for the next Boba Fett post so I can go OH MY GOD IT’S A RINGWORLD! SQUEE!

3 Likes
3 Likes

Life after the end of the world is apparently an endless hippie party, specifically the Oregon Shakespeare Festival version

This fictional pandemic awkwardly turned out to coincide with the real one, but fortunately they don’t dwell on the details

Not to be confused with Station 19

6 Likes

5 Likes

Yep, that was one of our lockdown shows, very pleasant. Of course we decided we wanted to visit but disappointed to hear it’s apparently a touristy hell. Which I guess shouldn’t be surprising.

2 Likes

Loved it, I describe it as Drunk History crossed with Game of Thrones by way of Iannucci. Huzzah! For weeks after watching it was hard not to throw glasses across the room when finished with a beverage.

2 Likes

Has anyone watched this?

1 Like

So that happened. :grimacing:

I didn’t know it all gets quite a bit Lovecraftian in places. :+1:

2 Likes

Look at it as Marxist theory!

1 Like

As represented by the two characters? Which is which though? The film seems to be loaded with themes that you could spend a long time unpacking and then there is some astonishing imagery…

1 Like

deliberately reliving one of the most dismal navigational disasters in seafaring history

2 Likes

Season 2, yay!

7 Likes

Not sure what the mysterious competition is about, but the linked article says that the end of this season (and the series) is really the beginning. Of what? Not sure! They just say WW2 and beyond.

It’s Black History Month everyone… here are some possible docs or shows to watch…

6 Likes

Gerald Durrell’s books about the experience are also wonderful.

5 Likes

Having said that, the final episode had some moments of real warmth and, dare i say, hope.

This is a nice review of a show a lot of people don’t even know exists. It really is funny in a Midwestern way:

4 Likes