Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

I tried, I really did. Finished the second episode of the second season and I choose to not waste any more time. Why this is called War of the Worlds… I have no idea. Why they felt the need to insert incestuous rape as a major plot device… I have no idea. I love some of the acting, and some of the stories were interesting enough to keep me going, but it is just too unpleasant and annoying to continue.

It’s weird to see The Late Show back in the Ed Sullivan Theater again

2 Likes

It’s not just me, then…

1 Like

Somehow I made up my mind that it was a space-opera type series with three hundred characters and parallel stories and let it go.

Yesterday I read an article about the Foundation series trailer and how the author was disappointed with what He perceived a rollercoaster vibe of the upcoming show. He said that it wasn´t what He did expect of an Asimov adaptation and that there are movies with little action that can be well done and intriguing, with charismatic characters, slow pacing and a nostalgic mood. He said “The Vast of the Night” was an example of how interesting a science fiction movie could be.

I’m watching it, little by little, each night (Oh, I ish I had more free time). So far I’m enjoying it. Don´t ge me wrong, I like spaceships and laser beams running around and actors doing acrobatics, but I also appreciate more calm stories.

3 Likes

This looks promising…

3 Likes

Loki:

I knew it!

I knew the damn “TimeKeepers” were some old Wizard of Oz man-behind-the-curtain bullshit. And props to whomever it was that speculated Loki is really about ALL the Lokis.

4 Likes

The first comment in that article is making me think twice about it… :grimacing:

2 Likes

Could be. But also, we should take anything twitter gets upset about with a grain of salt… or commenters in Kinja for that matter… It wouldn’t be the first show people get excited about and then the ending pisses everyone off…

2 Likes

Netflix’s show Call My Agent or Dix Pour Cent is a great show for the work obsessed.
It’s like a mix of Mad Men/The Office, without the shaky cam but an equally tangled web of smoke and mirrors and manipulation.

4 Likes

I am eagerly awaiting. :innocent: :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

Worth watching. One of the best parts about it is that actual film stars play themselves as clients of the fictional agency, usually as difficult pains in the ass. Unfortunately I’m not well-informed enough about French cinema to recognize many of them.

4 Likes

I think It has something to do with the next phase of the MCU.

It was a nice episode, the posto credit scene was very cool.

But if a Loki loves a Loki…is that incest? A first cousin kind of thing?

3 Likes

Variations of the same being becoming sexually involved seems more like multidimensional masturbation, IMHO.
I’m more PO’s about Mobius, frankly.

3 Likes

He might have gone to the same place as our Loki.

3 Likes

Possibly; that’s what I’m hoping happened.

3 Likes

Well, dammit:

8 Likes

Speaking of French shows on Netflix “A Very Secret Service” is also great.

3 Likes

andrew phung ugh GIF by Kim's Convenience

Crossing my fingers Netflix might pick up the baton.

3 Likes

A French series was recommended to me on YouTube, so I watched the first episode. It turned out to be Sherwood. Why it was promoted that way, in French, I have no idea. :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like