Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

I did cry a little at the hotel scene, that got me.

It was a sweet ending to a warm and funny show where older women said “fuck” a lot :grin:

4 Likes

Right out the gate, Kevin and Dave full frontal - I died. The Cathy’s final fax, the pie sketch, all great!

We’re going to watch just one episode a night. I can’t wait to see what Buddy’s up to, and I hope we get some Slizzler sisters.

1 Like

And had sex and talked about sex, and made a vibrator for old people, and lots of other issues.

Jane Fonda GIF

5 Likes

I’m enjoying season three of Barry, but I can’t help but feel that the show is rapidly running out of plot…

So Excited Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

neil-gaiman-yells

Oh sweet Jesus…

faint swoon GIF by Abby Anderson

7 Likes

Okay… sorry… one more…

from

Interested Alley Oop GIF by Yung Gravy

4 Likes

Just realised he’s the kid from The Boat That Rocked.

Millie Bobby Brown Reaction GIF by Converse

4 Likes

You know, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that movie…

2 Likes

Silly fun and Bill Nighy is ace. Philip Seymour Hoffman is pretty good too.
Give it a look, it’s not deep, has a great cast and some great tunes.

3 Likes

And it’s loosely based on true events, right? Pirate radio in the 60s?

2 Likes

Really loosely, but yes. Kenny Everett was a pirate radio DJ and a few others from the Radio 1 heyday started out on pirate stations too. Radio Caroline was really popular and even in the mid 80s there was Laser 558, I used to love that as a kid.

4 Likes

Dinosaurs + David Attenborough

1 Like

Finally! Hooray!

3 Likes

OK just took the fam to see Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness to meet our legally mandated Marvel quota for the month. It was fun but I still preferred watching Michelle Yeoh take on the multiverse.

Biggest non-surprise surprise: Scarlett Witch was the villain?

I mean, who’d have guessed that the woman who was introduced to the MCU as a Nazi henchperson, took up freelance work for a genocidal robot, and went on to enslave the minds of an entire town because she missed her dead boyfriend would turn out to be evil?

Background checks, people!

6 Likes

I enjoyed bits of it but as a whole I wasn’t really invested and didn’t we just watch an entire series of Wanda working through her issues in WandaVision? Yet here the character is seemingly reset to before any of that happens. Still, some great set pieces (loved that brief traverse through multiple realities) and the Sam Raimi weirdness was definitely there in places (Bruce!).

3 Likes

The music fight was kind of fun; shades of The Sorcerer’s Apprentice there.

3 Likes

The new companion!

8 Likes

Steve Martin Reaction GIF

9 Likes

Described as a “romance adventure competition,”

Sounds like something where drunk singles are challenged to see who can f—k their way through the Lido Deck the fastest.

3 Likes

I was thinking more along the lines of a Survivor trip - whoever isn’t thrown overboard (via lifeboat :wink:) by the end of the voyage wins! :ring_buoy:

5 Likes