Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

Ok, I ran out of episodes of The Equalizer, and decided to watch something else starring Queen Latifah. I only got through about 30 minutes of End of the Road before deciding it’s better to finish it during daylight hours (and far away from mealtimes :grimacing:):

Movie Theater Reaction GIF by CBS

7 Likes

You have to try all the dying drink recipes!

8 Likes

1 Like

Holy cow how did they manage to get Catherine de Medici to play the lead in that show?

6 Likes

That had passed me by in the first two episodes.
Just watched s01e03 and I get it.
Thank you for pointing that out, it would have taken me the whole season to clock it, I’m sure.
Just adds to the fun!

2 Likes
6 Likes

Will it involve amnesiac cops having ill-fated relationships with marginalised sex workers like the movies?

10 Likes

Hey now! That cop might be a marginalized sex worker himself! We just don’t know (and it would make no sense if he were…), but I have a theory…

Just so long as all of the robots are white /s

4 Likes

The most recent half season of Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean…

GIF by Swaps4

I keep thinking that this show can’t get any more batshit, and then they go and prove me wrong…

4 Likes

When Durin IV approaches Durin III in the latest Rings of Power…

Sad Feelings GIF

ETA:

Interested Season 10 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

2 Likes

SNL news… including their first non-binary cast member!

7 Likes

Not exactly a sex worker, but K (the cop in the second movie) was a replicant who was explicitly designed to be unable to disobey his human superior (the police lieutenant played by Robin Wright).

That’s why the scene where she asks “what happens if I finish [your booze]?” was so creepy—she was clearly toying with the idea of hooking up with a person who was literally incapable of withholding consent.

The Cleaning Lady is back for a second season!

Also, I’m surprised I didn’t know about this sooner. One of my favorite dwarves, and several mainstays from Irish television. Not the best detective series, but it’s good for background noise while I’m working.

Guess I might watch a Bond film after all!

11 Likes

Excited Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Although I’m not finding any other sources for that yet…

Sad Oh No GIF by Warner Archive

Here’s what I found… he’s the front runner, but no official announcement until Oct. 5…

8 Likes

Happy Joel Mchale GIF by ABC Network

5 Likes

I think that’s just fan wishcasting, at least for now. The producers certainly aren’t playing up the likelihood given that Elba is already 50 years old and has already gone on record saying he thinks he’s too old for the part and generally doesn’t seem interested in it anyway. As the producers put it:

“We love Idris,” said Broccoli. “The thing is, it’s [the next Bond film] going to be a couple of years off. And when we cast Bond, it’s a 10-12-year commitment.

The situation reminds me of what Sean Connery once said regarding the then-58-year-old Roger Moore being cast in View to a Kill:

At the time of this movie’s release, Sean Connery told the press, “Bond should be played by an actor 35, 33 years old. I’m too old. Roger’s too old, too!”

4 Likes

Daniel Craig is 54… :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

And Lashana Lynch is only 35 and should have been able to eat Craig for breakfast, but nooooo…

6 Likes

Well, we all know what the real problem with her was… it was… um… what? :thinking: Oh yeah, racism AND misogyny!!!

5 Likes