What's new in tabletop gaming? (April edition)

I’ve never really been into Warhammer or any of that, but the basic Legion stuff didn’t seem too much of an investment at first.

Then we got to the part of the booklet that said that the recommended play field setup was a 6’x4’ arena, covered in terrain, buildings, etc. I feel like we’re going to need a dedicated wing of the house for Legion.

1 Like

NOT HELPING!

Warehouse 23 tossed in a sprue of SHTs with an order I placed and had shipped to the US while I’d be there in February. I spent about an hour just staring at those imagining if I had space to play and time to paint. And an airbrush. And paints. And people to play space consuming games with…

2 Likes

From what I gather for the OGRE minis is they fit on the new game boards. So if you have space to play OGRE you have space to use the minis.

Storage on the other hand…

From what I’ve been reading on the SJG forums, the idea is to fit on the 6e/DE boards. Which already the only flat space for is rolling up the futon to make floor space.

Storage is another issue but since I did a revamp of my storage room a while back and got all my OGRE stuff including the DE box in one area, I might be able to accommodate.

DAMNIT now I’m talking myself back into buying these…

I already have that problem, in spades, so I end up getting the full experience.

1 Like

I have impressive game bloat. I have a game room which is really a storage room. The walls are covered with completely full game shelves and games are piled up like stalagmites all over the floor. I have little paths to get to where I need to go. I dream of organizing, selling, and finally setting up the room as an actual game room, but it would be a lot of work.

3 Likes

This sounds horribly familiar. My kickstarter games will form not just my grave goods, but also my mausoleum, and, probably my cause of death from crushing.

3 Likes

I got a good laugh out of that. Yes, I want my games to be part of my grave goods as well. But we’re going to need a bigger plot.

I have games (and related media) from the late 70s on. My back issues of gaming magazines alone could take up an entire wall.

2 Likes

I’m working on a piece for Boing Boing about overcoming “shelf shame,” which is that constant guilt and embarrassment many of us gamers have who own WAY more board, mini, and RP games than we could ever possibly paint up, field, and play. I have resigned myself to the fact that I am a glacially slow mini painter (but I LOVE the process of doing it) and I really love collecting games, game art, game design and production, game culture, game “fluff” (the backgrounds of the game universes), etc. I have accepted the fact that I, and many more of my kind, have nothing to feel bad about. This is all a legit form of the gaming hobby. There ain’t no shame in my shelf game! At least, not any longer.

2 Likes

I have some prized gaming collectibles, but they could fit in a few storage boxes. Some, I am keeping mint; my “kidney fund” collection:

I have sold off most of my collection on a couple of occasions, for the money and before a cross-country move.

The thing I feel kind of horrified about is the number of plastic Bones miniatures I purchased. On a few occasions I unpacked them and based them and sorted them, but so far no painting. I’m not sure where to start! I don’t know what colors to use! What color IS an orc, for example?

3 Likes

whatever color you want it to be… green as far as most fantasy art goes.

Ahh, War of the Wizards. I always wanted to play that one.

For RuneQuest fans:
http://www.princeofsartar.com/comic/introduction-chapter-1/

(Updates are irregular, but so are my checks, so it all works out.)

As a teen I painted orcs a pinkish purple

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.