What's the best espresso machine under $650?

Bought a Silvia 10 years ago, descale it way too seldom, still runs like a charm.
No PID though, still do the temperature riding method, still happy.
I can’t drink brewed coffee without getting instant reflux, but I’m also no coffee scientist weighing
everything to a T.

1 Like

I too have a DeLonghi Magnifica Model - minimal fuss to clean, served me well for 4 years and ongoing, makes a nice coffee (probably pedestrian from a hipster perspective).

I’ve had one of those running for almost 18 years. Much better investment than college.

1 Like

I had the original one of that line without the built in grinder and it lasted 16 years before my lack of understanding of my biat’s electrical system killed it. I brushed up on electrical engineering and replaced it with their smallest one and I could not be happier with the results and build quality:

Do not buy anything from Delongi. Complete garbage machines from a garbage company.

I have no more room on my counter for another thing.

Good to know! Thanks! I haven’t had any issues with needing to clean mine out any more than the usual (descaling, clearing the coffee dust™, etc.), but I do like new toys… :wink:

Even if you had a $30 coffee maker your sensible & socially aware friends would find something else to scold you about, like “how dare you drink coffee when some people don’t even have enough water to drink.”

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.