Which coding language should you learn first? How about...all of them?

TypeScript/JavaScript and Python.

When something is discounted from $2,300 to $39, it looks really sleazy and makes me question how valuable it was in the first place. Like, someone out there paid $2,261 more than they should have? What is more likely, that we’re getting an incredible deal, or the $2,300 price was BS to begin with? Maybe these course are a good value for $39, but these kinds of sales tactics cast the whole thing in a bad light.

11 Likes

Also, “learn all the languages first” is really bad advice. The result is likely to be spending 3 months learning how to write “Hello world” 20 different ways, but not having an understanding of loops or variables because that is in chapter 2 of all the books, and it’s confusing when each language handles them differently.

5 Likes

My belief is that the $2,261 “original” price is entirely fictional and that the claim of a discount is perhaps illegal under California state law. (I believe Stack Social is based in CA.)

For the purpose of this article the worth or value of any thing advertised is the prevailing market price, wholesale if the offer is at wholesale, retail if the offer is at retail, at the time of publication of such advertisement in the locality wherein the advertisement is published.

No price shall be advertised as a former price of any advertised thing, unless the alleged former price was the prevailing market price as above defined within three months next immediately preceding the publication of the advertisement or unless the date when the alleged former price did prevail is clearly, exactly and conspicuously stated in the advertisement.

Law section.

5 Likes

X-All-The-Y_phixr

7 Likes

Strongtalk, Grasshopper.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.