Which Presidential candidates are climate change deniers?

[Read the post]

Isnā€™t climate change denial part of the GOP platform, and therefore a requirement for any of their candidates?

7 Likes

For those fools who think ā€œall parties are the sameā€¦ā€

8 Likes

I donā€™t think it is an official platform, but climate change denial falls heavily on the republican/conservative part of the conspiracy spectrum.

The breakdown reported on the candidates is interesting, because the republicans are all over the place and well worth a read. They go from surprisingly nuanced (yet still kinda wrong) to whacked-out. A couple of them donā€™t sound terribly different from the Democrats, albeit less specific on actions and generally favorable to the XL pipeline.

1 Like

GOP: Denial is their favorite beverage.

3 Likes

Itā€™s more than just a river? Who knew!

3 Likes

Roger That!

Iā€™d like to see a chart comparing money received from fossil fuel interests vs climate change denial.

5 Likes

Itā€™s disheartening to see the word ā€œbelieveā€ used in contexts like this.

1. ā€œBen Carson (retired neurosurgeon) believes that climate change is happening in the sense thatā€¦ā€
  2. ā€œDonald Trump (real estate developer) doesnā€™t believe in climate change andā€¦ā€
  3. ā€œHillary Clinton (former U.S. senator from New York and secretary of state) believes climate change isā€
  4. ā€œBernie Sanders (U.S. senator from Vermont) believes climate change isā€¦ā€

The term ā€œbeliefā€ is so mixed up in the concept of ā€œreligious beliefā€ or ā€œfaithā€ that its use here is strange in the least. To ā€œbelieveā€ something, one doesnā€™t need any proof or evidenceā€¦ one simply needs to be convinced in their mind that the thing is true, which can happen in any number of ways. In the case of scientific theories or well founded, long term climate observations, ā€œbeliefā€ isnā€™t a well founded resulting mindset. If one ā€œbelieves in climate changeā€ then one is only proving that no work has been done on their part to know whether climate change is real. Seems fair to say that we are far enough enough along on this topic that folks can take a stand on whether climate change is real, based on the evidence. No belief needed.

10 Likes

I challenge anyone to read this and still say that the Democratic platform is essentially identical to that of the Republicans.

5 Likes

Well, we all know the Shadow Government is heavily tied financially to both Big Oil and and the Big Research Moolah that all the tenured scientists get when they toe the party line on global warming, so itā€™s actually win-win for them

1 Like

Iā€™m not willing to hand over the definition of ā€œbelieveā€ to religion.
The scientific method gives good results since hundreds of years, so Iā€™m sure itā€™s a viable principle.
With this foundation I can believe in anthropogenic climate change even without reading (and understandingā€¦) the IPCC report.

2 Likes

Theyā€™re inā seine!

The Democratic platform is essentially identical to that of the Republicans.
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Easy

Itā€™s so easy to just say things when you feel like you donā€™t ever have to qualify anything to yourself or anyone else.

1 Like
1 Like

Letā€™s just pretend that didnā€™t happen.

And in 24 hours, it wonā€™t have!

3 Likes

Very fair point.

1 Like

Joe Biden thinks itā€™s real and man-made, but that itā€™s too late to do anything about it.

Damn I want to see what you wrote. Did you go in real hard? I hope you went in real hard.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.