While defending Confederate flag, South Carolina legislator goes off on crazy anti-rainbows rant

Sadly, a lot of people have no idea of the meaning of “establishment” that the amendment was referencing, or what the problem with it was.

1 Like

Wait, WAIT…Christ, what an asshole!

There. Much better now.

5 Likes

Dear sirs, thank you for taking the heat off of Texas…

2 Likes

That’s what makes it so hard to respond to. I used to think that arguing with someone like him was like dealing with a hydra of wrongness where for every wrong argument that gets cut off two new ones grow in its place, but I think your simile is much better. The wrong arguments are never replaced by a mere two.

3 Likes

3, actually. Ginsberg, Sotomayor, and Kagan.

1 Like

Of course none of his anti-rainbow flag hyperbole has anything to do with the fact that the Confederate flag absolutely and undeniably stands for racism and the defense of slavery.

In fact, it seems to me he went off on that tangent because the arguments about “heritage” are so hard to defend (“heritage of what exactly?” is the obvious question.)

[edit: I see now that he did make some arguments in defense of the flag, though they also seem to avoid the issue of “does it stand for slavery or not?”]

2 Likes

WELL…According to the story, Eve was just an afterthought after Adam complained that all the other animals had females. Adam was originally created to be GOD’s companion.

1 Like

So that’s why they had the falling out. At least God got to keep the apartment.

4 Likes

It is a well known fact that prisms are the tool of the devil.

I suggest Southern states band together and ban prisms. Because it would be hilarious to watch them try to implement it.

2 Likes

and made in his image, just sayin :slight_smile:

5 Likes

when they banned prisms , i did not complain , because i could not afford quality glass .
and when they banned diffraction grating ~ wait a wavelength !!
ahhhhh ~ when they ban fractal idiocy from state legislators , i did not object because there were soooo many other suitable , nay even better subjects for satire ,
wait a nanometer ~
if bleached boy fractal wrongness state legislators ban devil’s tools like prisms then
only misdemeanors can and will be committed by loki types with diffraction gratings
and what about the ’ innocent ’ boxes of crayons and artist colours at craft stores
and other spawn of coyote ???!??!??
abomination ??? wha ??? did they deviate from last year’s pantone palette ??
the hues , values , and saturation and such clashed instead of harmonizing ??
i thought that there were , like , programs and/or schools for that and all and such !!!
pan !! io pan !! please to see also ’ coat of many colours ’ , and our proud selection
of other rants ~

1 Like

1 Like

In the even more immortal words of pope frank-n-beans:

“I didn’t really mean it. Also, I didn’t say it when I was on my special chair that makes me infallible. Let’s just walk back that statement, and reiterate that condoms cause AIDS.”

1 Like

Thank you!

And I’d thank you and your sort even more if you and your sort were right up there at the big microphones right after guys like this one, saying more of what you just said.

6 Likes

I swear to god I’m a dedicated straight guy, but rants like this make me want to wear a pair of skin tight rainbow short shorts and suck a dick right on this guy’s lawn. If it pisses this asshole off so much it must be a good thing.

3 Likes

Obviously Franky needs also to chill out.

Now that he is in Colombia chewing coca leaves, for example. :joy:

1 Like

Skies of blue, I’m led to believe.

1 Like

We are infested in California as well:
Newport Councilman Peotter’s opposition to gay unions draws criticism - Daily Pilot
This guy isn’t mad at rainbows – he’s mad that teh gays have stolen God’s rainbow.

A Newport Beach, California city councilman stirred strong emotion after sending an email blast this week claiming that the LGBT community stole the rainbow, which was “God’s symbol that he wouldn’t destroy the world by flood again,”

When I hear “gay unions” I always think it’s some form of organized labor.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.