Whistleblower reports Mormon Church has amassed a $100 billion tax-free fund

I’m willing to support the Tax the Churches League…if it ever becomes a legit organization.

3 Likes

No one should be tax exempt. Except for hackerspaces.

2 Likes

So point taken but you are underestimating the Popes principle. Ever try to view all the art in St.Peter’s (never mind all the other priceless Catholic art in Rome)? Do you know the AMAZING Sagrada Familia in Barcelona? The unique red extra dense marble that forms a cross on the floor and the four central colums? The Catholic Church owns over 99% of that now fully extracted natural treasure, thanks Romans for mining every gram of the stuff! When it is available for purchase I heard it fetches over 10k Euros per Kilo. It never goes on sale because they don’t need the money and it’s value rises and rises whenever stock markets falter. Point is $1,000,000,000,000 is selling the Popes holdings WAY short.

Distractions aside, I lived in SLC for years. I noticed the Temple in the center of downtown, then, noticed the towering black mirrored glass skyscraper across the street (the Mormon financial building) it is hard to ignore the shadow it casts on the adjacent place of worship.

Hey, if Buffet and Apple Corp hoard cash only fools don’t follow that example? Trump made the IRS an agency focused on the poor, why bother the monied folks? They lawyer up and fight back! Maybe they get offended and enforcers find their own heads rolling rather that those who bend tax law to the breaking point.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.