White Culture

It totally is; to see someone actively downplaying microaggressions in the thread that’s dedicated to dissecting racist microaggressions is sadly ironic.

17 Likes

alanis morrisette GIF

11 Likes

White Dude "Well, Actually… " on Alanis in 3, 2…

12 Likes

Paramount Network Time GIF by Yellowstone

They just hate that she had a string of hits, and need to do all they can to shit on that…

11 Likes

Taylor Hawkins was in the band too, twice the awesome.

10 Likes

That’s right! Now I have a sad!

10 Likes

TBH it did cross my mind to assert that while I love Alanis, I did use the word correctly.

12 Likes

No shit!?! I saw Alanis Morisette in Munich in 1995. That means Taylor was the drummer. And here I thought I had never seen him perform! TIL!

Comedy Central No GIF by Alternatino with Arturo Castro

10 Likes

If you hadn’t we just know somebody would pointed it out sooner or later.

8 Likes

I guess I would point to Nick Fuentes being a white supremicist as an example of how racism can be more nuanced.

8 Likes

True; that train is rarely late…

9 Likes

Maybe just a mistake and not inherently racist after all?
https://twitter.com/ShelfNerds/status/1595804195571236864?cxt=HHwWgIDQgcDdt6UsAAAA

Didja miss the whole subthread?

Season 9 No GIF by The Office

13 Likes

13 Likes

If he loved LeVar so much, why not include Geordi? :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

other people are talking about whether leaving levar burton off a list he should be on is sus

you wanna talk about whether shelfnerds is a nazi

probably shelfnerds is not a nazi

that’s not what anybody else is talking about

7 Likes

He seemed surprised that he forgot, so I don’t know, maybe ask him not me? My current assumption is he forgot, because we’re not all spherical nerds in a vacuum.
Look, I get hat this thread is about, but there’s enough actual racism out there that we don’t need to make it up as well.

Strange. I think this applies to your side of the conversation, too.

Are you still, seriously, trying to explain to a Black woman what is and is not racism? I think this has run it’s race and is now done.

17 Likes

Unconscious racism is still racism.

There are at least five kinds of racism:
-open racist: Nazis, white supremacists, etc
-casual racism: your racist uncle who likes to Just Ask Questions at Thanksgiving dinner
-structural racism: somehow, magically, Black men are incarcerated at more than 5 times the rate of White men
-unconscious racism: White guy manages to forget the prominent Black character in a beloved scifi TV series. Oops!
-self-hating racism: see Candace Owens, Ye, etc.

None of the above are not racism.

16 Likes