White House Admits Quid Pro Quo

we got him this time for sure

5 Likes

You “sound” like you’ve given up already…

4 Likes

Having a hard time with the 21st Century, admittedly. Today Trump also announced he has decided to hold the next G7 summit at his Doral Golf Course. That’s not even big news in 2019.

4 Likes

It is scandal fatigue. I refuse to even consider that this is due to any kind of genius on his part, but he perhaps stumbled onto the best of all possible scams. You just keep criming on a daily basis, scandal after scandal. Any one of these would have brought down most previous presidencies, but when you have to report a new one every-fucking-day, they stop causing outrage, and become kinda boring. Eventually, it just becomes normal. That is probably the scariest part for me, the normalization of the grifting, self-dealing, extortion and outright theft by the office of an elected official and not giving a damn about being caught. Admitting on national TV that you shook down an ally and seeming to take pride in it. And having other elected officials stand up for the theft and grift. The public should be in the streets. Instead we seem bored by it all. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

13 Likes

Outside of the 1%, who isn’t?

The future is far less cooler than pop culture led me to believe it would be, and a LOT fucking scarier.

That said I can’t afford to give up all hope; I have no choice but to keep fighting to the very end.

If I’m gonna go down, Im’a go down swinging hard…

10 Likes

What stage of the Narcissist prayer are we on at this point?

3 Likes

So, it’s a quid pro quo, but not about the 2020 election, about the 2016 election, claiming that the democrats are the ones who benefited from overseas election interference… I guess they believed that saying it was about 2016 would show that they did not seek to benefit from interference in 2020…

breaking-bad-jesse-unbelievable

6 Likes

I think that’s the new line they’re trying to draw. Except that the president also asked for dirt on Biden before releasing the aid. So they’ll probably redraw the line again soon.

5 Likes

I just wonder if they really think we are all that stupid.

8 Likes

Matthew%20McConaughey%20Yes%20they%20do

8 Likes

Consider his letter to Erdogan. Our default assumption is that Erdogan is the intended audience for the letter. But if you think of Trump’s supporters as the actual audience for the letter, you get a glimpse into his cynicism about his base’s collective intelligence.

And the reality is that his audience thinks his letter to Erdogan is a refreshing departure from politics as usual, and one they can understand.

5 Likes

“You deserved it.”

3 Likes

Aaaaand. . . Mulvaney is already walking it back.

2 Likes

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.