Why a cat's tongue is covered with tiny claws that feel like sandpaper

Does the cat sit on your desk? If so see this 2004 FARK thread

2 Likes

Now that’s of the table, can we worry again about the lizard people instead?

5 Likes

Have you ever seen a cat pant while it lies in wait or stalks?

Remember Fluffy is trying to peel back your skin to eat you.

2 Likes

Something to make me laugh all the way to the hospital!

2 Likes

My cats also need to ensure that gravity continues to work.

9 Likes

Fortunately for the female cat, that part is very small.

1 Like

My older cat, age 6, is constantly licking the head of my kitten (age 11 months). I am getting the impression her head taste like candy to him or he is gearing up to try to eat her. Either way, the kitten is mildly annoyed by the behavior.

3 Likes

Then why does my cat sometimes drink water off her paw?

6 Likes

I’ve had cat that would do that too. I’ll admire the pulling water techniques, but I’ve seen at least four different methods cats use to drink. Admittedly one of these methods involves getting the humans to turn on the tap so the cat could drink from the stream, but he did seem rather happy about doing it.

I never did quite get the one that would dunk most of her head into the water to drink.

6 Likes

I think they’re both covered in the job title: Cat.

5 Likes

We had one that did that. It was the funniest thing!

2 Likes

Our 1.5 year old apparently thinks that the the wife is filthy because he will obsessively clean whatever body part she just petted – he doesn’t do it nearly as often or obsessively if I do the touching.

3 Likes

The dark ages of FARK – fortunately, we live in modern, enlightened times where technology exists to address such problems…

Edit: possible answers to the FARK question:
The Cat Scan: Archive

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.