Here's why cats make biscuits

Originally published at: Here's why cats make biscuits | Boing Boing

5 Likes

A wee bit less cute when the cat is 17 pounds and chews her nails to sharpen them.
Still cute enough. Especially if there is a thick blanket between me and those razors she resents me trimming.

15 Likes

On my bed? What about my tummy.

13 Likes

For the uncatted (like me):

Kneading (also referred to as making biscuits or baking) is a behavior frequently observed in domestic cats where, when a cat feels at ease, it may push out and pull in its front paws against a surface such as furniture or carpet, often alternating between right and left limbs.

5 Likes

“murder mittens”

6 Likes

I initially assumed it was a euphemism for cats crapping on the bed, but that didn’t seem quite right…

2 Likes

our kitties are both belly-kneaders and droolers at that point. i love that our cats are that happy!

3 Likes

“Cats don’t get the funding for studies like dogs do.”

Tell me about it.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Living in TJ, I don’t have the advantage of air conditioning, so I’m often pantsless, and Gremlin is a big ol’ cat. I’m often left with puncture marks on my thighs or forearms, and sometimes my torso when she’s trying to get me to pet her – so she pokes me with her claws to get my attention. :grimacing:

8 Likes

12 Likes

Our little murder~beast ‘kneads’ the bare ground that she’s standing on whilst begging for treats.

11 Likes

On of my cats has a purr bukkit that overflows and drools out.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.