Why are you jerks so obsessed with civility?

Thank you for the former. To the latter I am not sure how to be clear and thorough without using lots of words to avoid being misconstrued when using fewer? I don’t want to waste your time, but there’s no expectation that my words in a public forum hold value to me once expressed, they might or might not be of value to others. So I don’t mind being ignored, if that makes sense. I don’t mind playing “Words With trollies”

I can write a sentence or a dissertation. People are going to reply to one sentence just about regardless. I sometimes like to offer lots of context to avoid the obvios ways people ‘misunderstand’ what I am trying to get across.

I could use less words. I often do. Not on this topic. It’s all nuance, and nuance isn’t simple or short IMO.

Thanks Jeff. :slight_smile:

That’s not what I was complaining about. I was saying that, and its likely true in your life if you look for it (try it) that people who make statements that they insist are questions, but leave a question mark off of have failed to ask a question - and are not.

In the context of that thread, the very person I though was operaing in bad faith *(based not just on a lack of a question mark) devolved into personal insults immediately after being asked pointed questions about his intent. Sort of validated my suspicion in that case.

I have no opinion on oxford commas. That must be someone else?

That’s what I’ve been thinking, but would it take that long for the goslings to hatch? how long do they incubate?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.