Why did Iran's Lake Urmia just change from bright green to blood red?

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/07/27/why-did-irans-lake.html

2 Likes

8 Likes

so earth will not be destroyed to make way for an express route but used as traffic light?

15 Likes

9 Likes

Luckily, it still tastes awful.

4 Likes
4 Likes

The fact that the lake is actually called “Lake Urmia” and that the color of the lake so closely resembles the color of urine produced by a person suffering from uremia…

Intentional joke or the best BB typo of all time?

4 Likes

The streets lake will flow with the blood of the non believers!

1 Like

The latter! :slight_smile:

the lake has lost about 70 percent of its surface area over the last 14 years

7 Likes

I’d love to know what it’s secret is. I want to lose 70% of my surface area too!

6 Likes

Honestly, you people and your “science”. Sometimes the simplest answer is the best:

“And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood. [Revelation 16:4]”

Now, doesn’t that make more sense than a bunch of elite, climate-change believing, SJW scientists’ mumbo jumbo?

19 Likes

/thread

8 Likes

The second angel poured out his bowl on the sea, and it turned into blood like that of a dead person, and every living thing in the sea died. The third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood.

• Revelation 16:3-4

EDIT: Oops, you beat me by 10!

4 Likes

I actually thought of a different reference…

This is what the LORD says: By this you will know that I am the LORD: With the staff that is in my hand I will strike the water of the Nile, and it will be changed into blood. The fish in the Nile will die, and the river will stink and the Egyptians will not be able to drink its water.

— Exodus 7:17–18

My first thought was, “Is that guy up to his party tricks again?”

3 Likes

In other news; The ground turns white when it snows from time to time.

BB should be a bit more deep than the latest issue of RangerRick. Just say’n. I know that you can do better.

1 Like

So you’re saying that rather than getting my “neat things about the earth” easily from a blog I hang out on regularly anyway, I have to start lurking in pediatricians’ waiting rooms?

10 Likes

While this might not be a story:

This most certainly is:

It feeds back into all of the other evidence about climate change.

And, of course…

Would you say that you’re disappointed in BoingBoing?

12 Likes

What, you think I’m going to subscribe to Highlights just to feed my Goofus and Gallant addiction???

8 Likes

Reports of a crying teenage Japanese boy and his surly red headed female companion could not be confirmed.

2 Likes