Why every new Apple Macbook that comes out needs a different goddamn charger

I did not say it is impossible. I said I don’t have the needed resources on hand.

Good ol’ ad hominem… I am at least trying.

And the level of opposition to across-the-board health insurance you got over there, and the disparity between fear of terrorists and actual casualties, and lack of fear of cars or pools or stairs and actual casualties.

The USB Type C connector is 8.3 millimeters wide. I did not manage to find (in a reasonable timeframe) a drawing with depth dimensioned, but they look roughly square-ish on photographs, so it will be the 8mm give or take. Take 3mm on the thickness of the side of the chassis, and we have the connector flush with the outer wall and still fit to the 5 mm I guessed.

Ummmm… first, the symmetry goes via another axis, adding to width we have plenty of, not depth. Second, only the D+/D- and power lines are symmetrical and doubled; the rest for e.g. the USB3 additional lanes is swappable in the driver chip. You may like to consult the actual pinout.

My 5mm stays. You can avoid even those if you carve out a piece of e.g. Capslock key. Or the backspace. Or the football field like area in front of the keyboard; there are many centimeters of choice space there. All you need is to want, then you will see it.

35.9 cm, sorry. Long day. You got a small, meaningless plus mark, as my math teacher liked to say.

No. My claim is that we not only should but can redesign the Macbook to have the same or grossly similar dimensions while also having the ports.

And the USB CD/DVD drive that is smiling at me here is agreeing. (We could argue about semantics here.)

Yes, they do. And many of them are familiar with poor wifi in certain places, and my guess is that a significant subset knows what a network cable is for and can use it.

Now you are moving the goalposts from wifi trouble to power outages, in order to be right.