Why is Customs and Border Protection flying a Predator drone over Minneapolis?

There is actually a relatively small protest going on at Annapolis Harbor right now. Pretty standard with no violence and maybe 100 people with signs.

1 Like

And that changes what he said about drones back then how? How is that relevant to drones?

2 Likes

That when he used the word “us,” he wasn’t talking about you and me and the rest of the members, authors, and staff at the BBS. He was talking about Evil Liberals using spy drones on the wealthy to make sure they are paying enough evil taxes.

You didn’t get a decoder ring?

10 Likes

Do those work with dog whistles?

15 Likes

The latest model has the dog whistle integrated.

15 Likes

So should I switch to cereal for breakfast or can I get one elsewhere?

Oh, wait, I’m not one of the Bad Guys.

What do we get? :grinning:

12 Likes

21 Likes

Coast Guard or just a resident? I really hope the historic district avoids any damage =x.

For your personal OPINION?

Because that’s what you stated, a speculation about the motivation of literally thousands of people across the nation.

I don’t “hate to tell you” that for me, and for many imperiled people in the US, these demonstrations most definitely ARE about the death of George Floyd and the death of every other person of color who has been killed due to the racist broken legal & justice systems.

I don’t even know who you’re talking to, or how that factors into your personal perception that “this is no longer about George Floyd.

You don’t get to dictate how the marginalized and oppressed rise up, especially if you are not one of us.

Say his name.

Say his name.

SAY HIS NAME.

18 Likes

You mean you don’t have one?

3 Likes

I read it. It doesn’t confirm 75,000 out of state protesters. It doesn’t even say there were 75,000 protesters. Though the Gov made some unsupported bs statement that the data completely contradicts.

“Gov. Tim Walz said state officials estimated that 80 percent of the people involved in Friday night’s riots were from outside the state, but the man driving the pickup truck had Minnesota license plates.

According to an analysis of Hennepin County jail records, 83 percent of people who were booked in connection with the protests over a 24-hour stretch starting Friday were from Minnesota, and 56 percent were from Minneapolis or St. Paul“

Additionally- the Minneapolis St Paul Municipal Statistical Area includes parts of Wisconsin. Those places are suburbs of Minneapolis. Much like Hoboken is of NYC.

10 Likes

Oh, no, we’re not in the movie of The Running Man, we’re in the book. It’s much more dystopian and there’s no fiction about a cop that refuses to fire on an unarmed civilian.

9 Likes

That’s uncalled for. You know damn well that @Melizmatic isn’t defending the Nazis. The article you cited doesn’t claim what you’ve said. There are still protesters who are protesting the murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis and all over. It also credibly documents that there are far right agitators in the mix. But it’s not even the majority of the people arrested, as initially claimed, and they aren’t the only ones setting fires. And plenty of the Nazis are home grown, unfortunately.

18 Likes

Neither, I am making my way up into the great lakes and stopped here because of how beautifull it is and how convenient for provisioning and repairs.

Oh, it’s easy to tell the “good” protesters from the “bad” ones. The good ones stand there meekly with their hats in their hand and politely ask “Please sir, may I have some civil rights?” while bowing obsequiously. They’re easy to ignore and you don’t have to grant them anything because what the hell are they going to do about it, except maybe ask again in a few years.

The bad ones are the ones that have realized the ineffectiveness of the first method.

To quote one of my favorite shows, “Shiny. Let’s be bad guys.”

13 Likes

Peaceful protesters don’t.

10 Likes

12 Likes

History class refresher: the Nazis were the ones wearing the uniforms, not the ones taking a stand against state-sponsored violence.

16 Likes

16 Likes

Feels like the 60’s to me.

1 Like