Border Patrol holds asylum seekers in tent under a bridge, calls it a "transitional camp"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/27/border-patrol-holds-asylum-see.html

2 Likes

\m/ Chili Peppers! \m/

2 Likes

Transition… to homeless?

6 Likes

Transition to Hell

18 Likes

All these red-blooded “proud to be American” maga types are making it really hard for me to be proud of the U.S.
The CBP has a budget of over $1 billion a month. Roofs and walls are definitely within the budget

12 Likes

Fuck ICE, but at least they are detaining these people in shade, rather than let them bake directly in the sun.

(Lately, I find myself taking any teeny tiny win left over after the mindless cruelty washes past.)

2 Likes

Just because Miller feels comfortable living under a bridge should not mean it’s an appropriate place to stash extra asylum seekers.

10 Likes

I feel like I am seeing The Barr Effect in every direction today…racist assholes everywhere are emboldened to show their true colors.

5 Likes

So the CBP is under a bridge. I mean… where else would trolls be?

4 Likes

They seem to put a lot of effort in to not giving a damn about the people in their charge.

1 Like

The Climate Migrations begin. Folks, we’re living in one of those Dystopian stories now.

1 Like

Anyone else remember when the US at least pretended to be ‘the Good Guys’?

sarcasm Trump should make good with the german right wing. They have experience with walls and conc … er pris … i mean immigration camps sarcasm

This is despicable. I can see camps for keeping people a day or two till they are processed but this is total bs. The issue, these people with human rights didnt just apear out of nowhere. This was forseeable even from the campaign trail in 2016.
Trumps department of housing and infrastructure (or however it is called) could have errected multistory housingunits faster and cheaper then anyone else (and may have rented those to seasonal workers in years with less immigrants) but nope they had to get a multi trillion taxcut for the rich.

Darn clepto-publicans.

1 Like

I wonder how much Trump’s family, friends, political allies, and people he owes have invested in detention facilities and camps?

Detaining most asylum seekers is totally not necessary. Trump has made it a policy, which is why the detention system is at over-capacity.

2 Likes

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free & we’ll stick them in a tent under a bridge.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.