Why it's so scary that Elle Macpherson is dating the father of the anti-vaxx movement

It’s because we worship wealth in this country and despise expertise, especially those associated with advanced degrees.

4 Likes

This is not something I’d heard, so thanks for sharing this info!

1 Like

Yeah, I mean, they’re pretty, so they must be stupid! /s

And no, I’m not defending her anti-vaxx shit… I’m rebelling against the idea that attractive women are somehow less smart than the rest of us. It’s a sexist idea.

6 Likes

For some odd reason, the Show Full Post button isn’t working for me.

That said, it doesn’t even matter.

I don’t follow other people’s ‘advice’ about healthcare and immunization if they don’t have at least some sort of medical degree and training in that field; regardless to how they may look, or what their social status in society may be.

5 Likes

You’re absolutely right, but I would rather hear from an NIH scientist of either gender. Pretty ones are fine.

2 Likes

Agreed. Like I said, she doesn’t know shit about vaccines, but her good looks and lack of education doesn’t make her necessarily dumb. It sounds like she’s on this line because it might financially benefit her business (she hocks dumb “health” crap?). So, at the very least, she’s a good capitalist and able to exploit this debate for her financial gain.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.