Meghan McCain wants Dr. Anthony Fauci replaced by someone who "understands science"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/02/23/meghan-mccain-wants-dr-anthony-fauci-replaced-by-someone-who-understands-science.html

12 Likes

Something, something, good Republicans, something, something.

She can do that right now in places like Arizona, Texas…what’s stopping her?

Wait, is she blaming Fauci for the fact that she doesn’t have any friends?

29 Likes

68 Likes

The McCain’s are one step up the ladder from the tRumps/Qnuts.

13 Likes

Small step. It is a real step, but it is very, very small. It does speak to how low Trump set the bar for other repubs to be considered “sane,” or something.

22 Likes

derry-girls-sister-michael-christ

22 Likes

Trump literally did that already, that’s how we got here

17 Likes

Who wants the producers of The View to replace Meghan McCain with someone who “understands reality”?

35 Likes

She needs the right haircut to be able to speak to the manager.

5 Likes

I’m fairly sure she’d fail a grade 9 science test, so maybe her opinion isn’t really valid.

5 Likes

Meghan McCain shows us that her father died in vain.

17 Likes

“I’m not a phony.”

Agreed. Genuine idiot.

11 Likes

Harsh, yet I cannot disagree.

6 Likes

“Science” is not someone being reassuring and telling you what you want to hear.

13 Likes

This is brilliant.

9 Likes

I think daytime talk shows like The View could do the country a real service by hiring hosts who understand science. If we had had that for the past year, I think it would have gone a surprisingly long way toward deterring anti-maskers and the like. Probably not nearly as far as they could if they didn’t have to be heard over Trump screaming from his Twitter soapbox, but I suspect still a surprisingly long way.

16 Likes

I have my own critiques of Fauci. When asked by media in the March 2020 timeframe, “should Americans consider wearing masks,” the man, frankly, shot it down. He should have known, IMO, that Trump would seize on this, and seize he did, killing a few hundred thousand Americans in the process. He should have simply said “there is nothing wrong with wearing a mask, it may end up being a very wise thing to do, and we all might end up doing it in another month or two.”

I have heard Fauci been heralded over the past year for his response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic.

The USA’s response to HIV/AIDS was a complete and total disaster. But Fauci did then (IMHO) what he did now – preserve his own ass, giving Reagan the room to enact awful policy.

I think Fauci is a smart guy and probably even means well. But as far as I can tell, his era of “leadership” has been a string of failures, and at the root of it is his ongoing ability to self-preserve, while simultaneously serving the dark agendas of some of the Presidents he’s served under.

With that said, Meghan McCain is a total idiot, and why she has a job on television saying things every day is completely beyond me.

3 Likes

I was in the gym one time and “The View” came on. I went to change it to anything but Karen was walking on the treadmill next to me (I was on a rower for crew in the spring and it was beautiful outside).

The amount of idiocy that flowed out of that screen in the 5 min I tolerated it just reenforced my belief that there are a lot of idiots out there.

6 Likes

I think she is confusing science with logistics.

Distributing the vaccine isn’t a science problem exactly.

6 Likes

Well… There is a growing chorus that our policy of saving shots for second doses is fundamentally in error, based on the underlying science of herd immunity.

Of course, with the rate at which variants are popping up that seem to be at the very least somewhat capable of dodging the vaccine antibodies, all of this may be a moot point, for quite a while at least.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we have a fourth wave of this crisis washing over us in a matter of months. It’s unfortunate, to say the least.

3 Likes