The incomparable job qualifications of US Senator John McCain's daughter

Originally published at: The incomparable job qualifications of US Senator John McCain's daughter | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Either the stylist on the View really hates Meghan McCain or she just rushed to the studio from a sci-fi convention.

stylist

23 Likes

I believe we can refrain from making jokes about McCain’s looks in a thread about her qualifications. The two are wholly unrelated and we will have more than enough to slam dunk on with just her perceived qualifications. Until she names beauty as one of them, we can do better.

35 Likes
  1. related to John McCain

26 Likes

Whatever credibility she inherited has long since evaporated.

12 Likes

Fair enough, I just thought that hairstyles were fair game since she presumably chose to appear that way. Lord knows we poked a lot of fun at Trump’s hair.

28 Likes

Are we almost done pretending she is smart?

2 Likes

Tbh, I kind of love her hair.

3 Likes

When did we start pretending she was smart?

6 Likes

US Senator John McCain’s daughter isn’t fooling anyone here.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed
Everybody knows the war is over
Everybody knows the good guys lost
Everybody knows the fight was fixed
The poor stay poor, the rich get rich
That’s how it goes
Everybody knows

27 Likes

How about anybody’s looks in a thread about anything?

1 Like

What if it’s a thread about looks? Your move.

7 Likes

I know Americans hate term "ruling class’ but she is a member of it, because she was born into it.

12 Likes

It seemed it wasn’t too long ago that she was making her name as a (somewhat) progressive voice of reason from the wasteland of conservatism. WTF happened?

2 Likes

I’d like to say it happened around the time she married conservative sleazeball Ben Domenech, but despite her opposition to the MAGAt wing I’ve always seen the same underlying rot that was present in her “principled Republican” father.

11 Likes
14 Likes

It’s just a matter of time before Ivanka goes the same route.

Networks are the golden megaphone incubators today. Perhaps the elephants in the room are the likes of ABC, NBC, etc.

No qualifications? No problem! We can get you on the Sunday AM Politico circuit. No problem!

11 Likes

I did find the narrow double-part distracting but, point taken. I’ll leave the oompa loompa on my clipboard.

I do see her as a potential counter-voice to much worse people on the far right.

I have never been able to watch The View for more than 90 seconds. It’s not a place I’d go for representation of anything. But yeah not a good look (especially this week) to be talking smack about Asian inclusion.

2 Likes

Totally different! She worked as a White House Advisor, so clearly her qualifications extend beyond her family connections. /s

16 Likes

Yeah, ok, she had an office.

6 Likes