Joy Behar’s reaction to Meghan McCain leaving The View

Originally published at: Joy Behar's reaction to Meghan McCain leaving The View | Boing Boing

6 Likes

I’m wondering why they do this month in advance stuff. As Behar’s face shows, that’s just torturing everyone else. What’s wrong with having her say goodbye on her last day, and letting the other hosts and crew party the day after that?

16 Likes

Does this mean The View won’t feature any more chummy conversations about Beltway dinners and galas with the Republican guests (AKA daddy’s friends) she’s been able to book? What a shame.

I wonder how she’ll next leverage her dad’s reputation to attempt to whitewash and humanise the Party of Demonstrable Bad Faith.

21 Likes

I can see why the producers and crew might need the advance warning. The on air reveal to cohosts seems a bit obnoxious and put on though.

11 Likes

Running for office in some safe R district somewhere, of course.

13 Likes

24 Likes

So now the View has to find another blond that hasn’t quit figured out that they’re privilege is being ignorant and not have it negatively effect their life. It’s hard to find someone almost smart enough to see it but stubborn enough to dismiss.

5 Likes

on the whole, azquotes tends to devalue the acting craft, as well as the cleverness of screenwriters

though in this case the screenwriter borrowed it from Alice Roosevelt Longworth.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/tag/alice-roosevelt-longworth/

4 Likes

Potential candidates:

S.E. Cupp
Megyn Kelly (if they wanna keep the name semi-continuous. She probably wouldn’t take the gig…)
Gretchen Carlson (also wouldn’t take the gig)
Bristol Palin (hilarity and eyerolls ensue)
Liz Cheney (assuming she’ll lose her upcoming election.)

All the other conservettes I can think of off the top of my head are too Trump-y / Big Lie / Q’ish to comfortably pretend that the right wing of today is anything but a screeching death cult…

9 Likes

Is the McCain last name something you can get mileage out of in the current Republican party? It seems like it would be worth as much as having the last name “Cheney”.

6 Likes

John McCain’s service to our country? Are you referring to his bombing runs in Vietnam?

6 Likes

How I imagine what is going on in Joy Behar’s head

9 Likes

3:00 time for The View…

3 Likes

I was hoping Meghan would take Joy Behar with her. Whoopi is the only member of the panel who doesn’t make me cringe.

At that point, you might as well listen to something else.

4 Likes

snl-fred-armisen-joy-behar-who-cares

6 Likes

Absolutely right. Fortunately my only exposure to The View these days is limited to clips like this.

4 Likes

The GQP is absolutely the party of nepotism and unearned celebrity. Megan has done NOTHING on her own merit and deserves to be consigned to oblivion, just like Ivanka and the rest of the Trump evil spawn.

3 Likes

M. McCain is a rabid bigot white supremacist nazi, f@ck her, go back to Arizona and count those ballots from 2019…

3 Likes

As I always say, the single most aggressively irrelevant person I’ve ever met.

Back when MM was newly on the scene and “wrote” a book, I worked for her publisher. She came to visit our monthly staff meeting and fielded questions. One of my coworkers asked “What are your larger aspirations? Do you think you’ll run for office some day?” MM twirled her hair like a cartoon and replied, “No, I don’t want to run for office. I don’t really aspire to do anything.” She was not joking. It was a fascinating and revolting glimpse into true entitlement and privilege.

8 Likes