Why no one wants to hear from James Watson

Again, simply not true. I didn’t defend his original remarks, and neither did Watson. Nor did I, or Watson, ever state, as you quoted, that “blacks are inferior”. It’s important not to place in quotes statements that were not made by the original speaker.

I still hope to hear your opinion on the scientific data that does support the notion that West Africans are superior at sprinting. In addition to the ACTN3 gene, there’s an interesting study involving scholars from Duke University and Howard University (a historically black university), about how the West African sprinter’s advantage may be due to the differing body shapes between West Africans and non-West Africans. Do you believe those studies are flawed? If so, I’d like to hear your opinion.

1 Like

Mod note: Stay on topic

In related news, if you try to make something relevant to people, your merit discussion board is going to incur 7 million every 17 years to keep you out of the social ovens? Maybe I missed Watson following up to general audiences instead of people with equity to onboard, with the sexy/smart hireable (instead of dateable) distribution charts and then failing to predict societal and pediatric progress. ACTN3 pretty relevant AFACIT; I want the diversity and understanding drivers to work in undifferentiated audiences (itself a workable oxymoron.)

I need a few aspirational cheers to circulate, how about you?
May only 1/127 of your children be suitable for uplift.

1 Like

Are you a Markov chain?

3 Likes

Either that or an exquisite corpse.

Looking at some of his other posts, I suspect some other algorithm. Either someone very skilled at dissociated writing, or someone having have dissociative issues.

If the former, I am quite jealous.

The NYT article doesn’t seem to mention this, but the medal was bought by Alisher Usmanov, the Arsenal owner and the richest man in Russia. He’s going to give it back to Watson.

Usmanov said that he had been motivated to buy and return the medal to avoid Watson having to sell it. He values Watson’s work because of his contribution to cancer research, the disease fro mwhich Usmanov’s father died, he said.

“In my opinion, a situation in which an outstanding scientist has to sell a medal recognising his achievements is unacceptable,” Usmanov said. “James Watson is one of the greatest biologists in the history of mankind and his award for the discovery of DNA structure must belong to him.

“I wouldn’t like the medal of the distinguished scientist to be an object on sale.”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.