Wichita cop who pulled the trigger in the first fatal swatting is being sued by the victim's family

We know how this is going to resolve usually: Tax payer has to pay large settlement, police officer isn’t convicted and keeps on killing people happily ever after.

3 Likes

Remember when it was “protect and serve”? Well now they are being trained that their first job is to go home safe every day…
Yes they deserve get home safely but not when it’s turning even routine interaction with the public into a seemingly life or death standoff

9 Likes

Militarism, imperialism, white supremacy, capitalism.

Current training:

The origins of American street police:

The origins of American secret police (i.e. all of the investigative/intelligence agencies):

15 Likes

On the other hand, since it now seems to be the case that if you’re a homeowner, and you have a gun, you can pretty much kill anyone who knocks on your door, as long as you’re the least bit afraid of them, the cop would have a reason to shoot first. Cop or civilian alike, it seems all you have to do to kill someone legally is to be afraid of them, whether with good reason or not.

2 Likes
9 Likes

:musical_note: I’d hammer out justice :musical_note:

3 Likes

The only acceptable context in which to provide “Remain humble and compassionate; be professional and courteous — and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.” as advice is below; and definitely not in the article above(footnote 18).

https://youtu.be/9NZDwZbyDus?t=69

7 Likes

I believe we have had this discussion before.

4 Likes

…utterly impossible. The US has 18000 police forces. After the 1972 murder of George Duncan, probably by police, the South Australian government brought in investigators from the UK and still couldn’t make a case. Thats one investigation in one place and they had to go across the planet to get help.

Short of an alien invasion, US police forces will not be independently investigated.

5 Likes

Here’s what I think will happen. The City of Wichita who are the subject of the suit will settle. The cop who shot will be repremanded and allowed to resign. The cop will move to another area or possibly kill himself.

What the family should have done is sue the “swatter”, then Wichita, then the cop who shot if they ever actually find out his name.

Wichita, eh? No wonder this guy didn’t want to go home.

1 Like

I don’t understand the purpose of the winking emoji. That really is the logical endpoint, and the direction my country is rapidly and idiotically heading,

Unfortunately any reform over these lawsuits will only happen in Wichita.

1 Like

That was my point. Only anarchists would deal with the police problems, nearly every other political position would just co-opt them with all their problems and try to justify it.

And to make it clear, there are no signs of there being an anarchist revolution in the USA.

2 Likes

Answer: The goons who want to be policemen.

1 Like

… courtesy of LA Police Chief Daryl Gates.

2 Likes

When the bad cops are not identified, the entire department is suspect. And when the “good cops” cover up, there are no good cops, only accessories to the crimes.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.