WikiLeaks movie 'The Fifth Estate,' with Benedict Cumberbatch as Julian Assange, opens Toronto Film Fest

[Permalink]

Benedict Cumberbatch thriller with Scandinavian undertones? Check.
Looks like director Condon is trying to cleanse his hands from ‘Twilight’? Check.
Looks like a film that could mix the dynamics of ‘The Social Network’ and ‘Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy’.
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. Count me in!

This looks totally Cumberbitchin’

1 Like

The film festival is from Sept.05-15.

Will they include the part where Assange molested women against their will?

Well that’s going to be confusing. There’s an investigative news program on CBC called The Fifth Estate.

I’m a Cumberbatch fan, but this seems like the most random casting ever – when portraying living people typically there is some attempt to cast someone who at least vaguely looks like them and not just dye their hair the same color.

Will they include the part where people perpetuate the same unproven and shady accusations against one man ad nauseam to distract from the actual work of an organisation that has revealed and continues to reveal the dirty dealings, war crimes and human rights violations of the most powerful entities in the world? Probably not, as it would be really tiring.

3 Likes

Should have cast Jason Bateman

There’s also this thing where they cast someone who’s good at this arcane craft called “acting” to the extent that they can seduce a group of people (or “audience”) into a bizarre sort of semi-hypnotic state known as “suspension of disbelief.”

C’mon. He pulled off Khan, and he doesn’t look anything like Ricardo Montalbán.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.