Wikileaks offers tech giants access to sourcecode for CIA Vault 7 exploits

Japh, sir, Mr. @japhroaig, as someone with credible insight into this beyond the ken of we mere mortals, what’s your opinion on the likelihood of wikileaks’ operation being compromised through Russian influence of some kind?

Be that total domination, after-the-fact manipulation and re-framing of events to suit them, interference in operatives and operations or any other kind of state provisioned trade-craft.

To be clear, my earlier comment was trolling and inflammatory, seems to me people are jumping to conclusions, but I am ready to have that wool pulled from my eyes if wool it be.

2 Likes

“likelihood of wikileaks operation being compromised through Russian influence of some kind?”

Technically, little to none. Ethically, Julian has picked his side’s.

3 Likes

So we hear an awful lot of this narrative that all of the leaks released in recent months seem to benefit, through the chosen timing and specific information released, the republicans over the dems.

Obviously WL have an agenda and are wont to push it at every available opportunity, and it seems reasonable to suppose that empowering a corrupt regime, only to pull the rug out from under it in the most dramatic fashion possible, might help serve their purpose.

Is it a case of the different intelligence agencies trying to spin the events of still-sovereign entities like WL, in order to maximise the benefit they can be made to appear to reflect on them after the fact?

I would have thought someone would have poisoned the water hole long ago.

I guess I’m asking, how much of this is a scramble to re-assert control, and how much of it is actual, devilishly-clever control? Are we just in the middle of a huge number of pushed narratives and information manipulation projects which are failing and succeeding at different levels of achievement, all overlapping one another in a huge mess of (un)intentionality and unforeseen outcomes, or is the chaos itself good enough for the majority of concerned actors?

I’ve got to imagine the intelligence agencies have their shit way more together than the average human and if the current situation isn’t by direct design, it was at least planned for.

(this all coming, of course, from my non-technical, paranoid fantasising on the topic) :blush:

I just realised you didn’t actually say wikileaks wasn’t compromised. Just that they had made a choice…

:thinking:

So far as I know, Windows executables never include debug information. However, if a debug information (PDB) file is created for an executable then the executable normally includes the full path name to the PDB. That can give away a username or primary language for the system used to build it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.