Wil Wheaton has a surreal moment reading the Homeland audiobook

[Permalink]

This would have been far more interesting/funny had the actual cameo bit from the book been included.

6 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think we really get the impact without the context, particularly his reading up to it and stopping.

Maybe if I finally get to reading Homeland in my book queue I’d understand why he’s “so great”, too =)

1 Like

Wil’s fantastic. He also read the audiobook for Ready Player One, and IIRC both he and Cory have cameos in that book.

I now have audio of Wheaton Sipping. That will come in useful someday, SOMEDAY!

1 Like

I was wondering how he’d react to that part.

But what the hell is it with the trend these days of audio (and sometimes video) clips with no apparent volume control?

I DON’T KNOW BUT I AM CERTAINLY AS ANNOYED BY IT AS YOU ARE LET ME TELL YOU.

goo

1 Like

You can read the book here, and the bit with Wil is Chapter 3 (or just search for "wil ").

1 Like

After pasting the link in another browser, I figured out that, in this case, it’s an issue with my noscript (or some other add-on) not allowing the control element.

But I’ve had problems with other services (soundcloud, I’m looking at you!) where this was not the issue, so my complaint stands, albeit slightly misdirected in this case.

This [quote=“phuzz, post:8, topic:26125, full:true”]
You can read the book here, and the bit with Wil is Chapter 3 (or just search for "wil ").
[/quote]

would be a good addendum to the article proper.

I not that the article does link to Cory’s Homeland page, but unless you actually hover or click, there are no contextual clues to tell that it’s not the usual here’s-the-item-on-amazon-with-our-affilliate-link (there’s nothing wrong with that, I just assumed that’s what the link was, based on past BB experience).

I just assumed it wasn’t an amazon link, since Cory has offered free e-book versions of his books for quite some time (always, maybe? I can’t recall).

I wondered how Wil would react to that part of the book, it’s nice to get a little behind the scenes peek. I’m surprised Wil didn’t write about it on HIS blog, frankly.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.