Wireless baby monitor hacked, baby insulted

Well.

It’s not my gig; but some people seem to be in it for the hardware hackery (which is optional; but you can go deep if you feel like it, and some of them do), and others take their ‘communicating even when Ma Bell is down’ pretty seriously.

As a practical thing, it makes only slightly more sense than building your TV from a kit, just like back in the day when we wore onions on our belts, (so mostly none, except during emergencies); but as a pure hobby, especially if poking at software isn’t your thing (though there are some HAMs doing interesting SDR stuff, in addition to the hardware-as-old-as-the-hills crew), it seems no crazier than most hobbies do.

I suppose, but I don’t see the appeal, it’s like being a pony express enthusiast or a telegraph enthusiast. It’s just pointless, a completely obsolete method of communication.

I also objected to the friggin’ enormous antenna in our neighborhood (I’m talking 30+ feet) from a HAM person. Who recently passed away, I believe, since they pulled everything down and sold that house.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.