Woman busted for allegedly running "the QVC of stolen clothes"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/10/woman-arrested-for-running-t.html

4 Likes

Trotter used Facebook Live videos to market her hot commodities.

Wow. I assume she had a substantial inventory of “I’m With Stupid” t-shirts to sell.

I hope she gets the sweetheart deal that any White Collar criminal would get at sentencing.

11 Likes

Thank god they caught someone stealing $22,000.00, so they can put that number on the news and show us how badly we need to stop shoplifters.

It’s not like they’re going to post that the Republicans have stolen to $23,271,309,000,000.00 from the United States’ future (and also from the environment, labor conditions, health, and …) in order to boost the economy for a couple dozen months to claim that Drumpf is good for the economy.

11 Likes

I… I think these are separate issues…

5 Likes
1 Like

East St Louis, the BEST St Louis!!! :fist:t3: :fist:t3: :fist:t3:

2 Likes

It’s no different than the so-called “Welfare Queens” of thirty years ago. It’s purely a distraction, someone they can blame for all that’s wrong, while they rob us blind.

7 Likes

You gotta unload that stuff as quickly as possible. I don’t approve of theft but I liked the simplicity of Marla’s scam from Fight Club: she’d walk into a laundromat, unload a couple of unattended dryers, then carry the clothes across the street to a second hand store to collect a few bucks.

5 Likes

So, the idea is, “shut up and only report the REAL news?”

I called it what it is: a distraction.

2,657 bank robberies were reported by the FBI in 2018. Each of those averaged more money stolen than this one thief. Did each of them make the national news? Did any of them?

I’m not defending this person at all. I’m just saying that there’s nothing special about them or the magnitude of their crimes, yet they’re headlining the news. In other words, the publicity around this one is a distraction.

4 Likes

How about they are reporting it because it’s unique? It’s not one of those mudane robberies. It sticks out. Things that stick out get noticed, and reported.

So she’s ok then?

Yeah, that guy they dubbed the “Bad Wig Bandit” did.

1 Like
1 Like

Don’t forget “Mr. Blackface”

1 Like

This is why you use a fence to move the loot.

1 Like

7 Likes

Not sure where you wrung that from @jaded’s comment.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.