Women and African-American sf writers created trumpist dystopias because they were beta testing trumpism

It could get worse. At least according to “The Pessimist’s Guide to 2017”, which I think it is as accurate as any divinatory method developed by the women, men or AI…

3 Likes

What part of the body of a woman is the “cuck?”

1 Like

I think that’s a question about another word, one that starts with a p.

1 Like

ooooooooh! I see.

1 Like

Don’t go blaming this horrific shit on Black and female sci-fi writers as if there aren’t multiple factors that led us here.

Writing fiction which expresses the trepidation and anxiety that many people feel isn’t the same as intentionally fostering a society that’s self centered, poorly educated, easily distracted and more easily manipulated.

6 Likes

I didn’t read this as placing blame on the authors.

I’m reading this as, “They described the world that they already inhabited as if white men had to go through the same shit that the authors did, and, oh look, now that it’s actually happening to white men, it’s being called a dystopia, and these authors are being called prophetic.”

8 Likes

The term for female pudenda and the term for a weak or effeminate male have two different origins:

2 Likes

This all day. It not only describes this specific dystopian sci-fi, but pretty much all dystopian sci-fi. Discussing real-world problems is suddenly easier to digest and more accessible once the actual real world is removed from the equation.

4 Likes

That was just me being sarcastic; I know my snark doesn’t always translate well.

I am tired of the word dystopia though; if certain fuckers hadn’t been so intent on creating and maintaining this system with themselves on the top, no matter what, we wouldn’t be in this mess now.

“You blew it up, you bastards…”

planet of the apes damn you all to hell GIF

10 Likes

Poe’s Law strikes again!

Wait four years.

No argument here.

5 Likes

Over here the c-word is more popular but is considered extremely rude, hence my euphemistic deviation.

2 Likes

9 Likes

The foolishness of racism and bigotry is so much easier to illustrate when you can use Trolls and Dwarves ambushing each other at Koom Valley

7 Likes

Quite interesting:

3 Likes
1 Like

Hmmm. Bonding #trumpophobia with one of the he mos overdone genres of sci-fi…

I especially like this point :relaxed:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.