Trump supporters: "We're gonna have money again"

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/05/trump-supporters-were-gon.html

1 Like
36 Likes

Everybody loves Trump, but they’re afraid to say it. They said that about Romney too. Why are they bragging that everybody is ashamed of their candidate? If I was ashamed of Clinton, you know what I would do? Not vote for her.

12 Likes

“Everything he says is true”

“Jesus then Trump”

Just let those quotes sink in for a minute…

21 Likes

This is how the inequities of capitalism persist. The people who are struggling the most are convinced to fight each other for scraps, while the wealthy sit above playing them like pawns.

These women are useful fools for a snake-oil salesman to force a nation to buy his magic beans. Every moment they spend fighting “immigrants” is a moment they’re not fighting the rotten corruption that lets him do this.

44 Likes

It’s another weird sign in this election when demoralizing the opposition is a legitimate strategy.

I sometimes make comments on other people’s pro-Trump posts on Facebook. My mom makes the point that I will never change their minds, but that’s not my real goal; I am trying to drive a wedge between them and all their conservative friends who can’t stomach Trump.

23 Likes

There’s one born every minute. I just hope there aren’t enough of them that I have to go searching for this country’s majestic egress.

6 Likes

I’m reminded of WC Fields.
“You can’t cheat an honest man” and “never give a sucker an even break.”

10 Likes

Oh I have long ago and it really makes me ashamed to share the same citizenship.

9 Likes

I am trying to drive a wedge between them and all their conservative friends who can’t stomach Trump.

Why?

I know it’s a cliche at this point, but this shit is straight out of Idiocracy.

14 Likes

I personally know lots of people that have a) historically identified as Republican, and thus b) refuse to consider Clinton as a sane alternative. They feel like their party is stuck with Trump, and if I can somehow contribute to the idea that they would be doing their country and party a better service by staying home on Election Day, then I feel I will have made a small difference.

I’m not actually trying to split up friends, mind you; I am just trying to present alternate viewpoints in circles that may be prone to echochambering.

17 Likes

Yep, sure sounds like it.

Vote for Clinton because she’s not Trump.

Vote for Trump because he’s not Crooked Hillary who killed people in Benghazi with secret emails or something.

Voting third party? A vote for a third party is a vote for [insert nemesis here].

Not voting? Grow up.

You never can win.

13 Likes

Last night, my spouse and I were talking about how Idiocracy is coming back to theaters in time for the election. It’s not even that good a movie, but it does have some funny bits. It’s just weird that it’s so prescient, you know?

6 Likes

Don’t forget convincing those struggling that any outside attempts to help them are evil lies that will make their life harder.

I know someone who is extremely fond of Reagan’s quote: “The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help.’” They’re going to be voting for Trump, of course.

15 Likes

A bizarre thing about that quote is that in a Democracy, that is basically be the same as saying “You and your neighbors sent me over here to help.” We are the Government.

27 Likes

Not really. We vote for people who vote for the President, we don’t vote for the President themselves. Even if we do vote for US Senators and Representatives, and even Governors, they listen to donors and lobbyists but not the average person at all. By and large, we still have access to our state-level Representatives and Senators… for now.

Citizens United needs to be overturned before we lose whatever democracy we have left.

7 Likes

50 Likes

This is the first time I’ve seen this joke animated.

6 Likes

I swear this is the first thing that came to mind when I read the word “Trumpettes”:

31 Likes